Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an update for everyone the rear towing eye when removed takes all the paint off around the bumper with it, I reported this and a paint warranty claim has been submit and approved so I'm getting a full respray on my bumper for it just to let everyone know

·
Registered
961 Posts
anthony said:
may be just a one off, not sure if i want to try just for the sake of it, but if i wait a few years then have to remove the warranty may have expired
Agree, I don't want to go and try either but unless its noticed with the first year then Vauxhall won't bother, as the paintwork and trim warranty is only 12months, it's the anti corrosion warranty which is 6 years.

EDIT: just checked the manual and its saying to remove the tow eye cover you need to insert a screwdriver in the slot at the bottom and carefully move the screwdriver downwards to release the cover. That to me suggests it'd be quite easy to be not careful enough and cause damage yourself, hence I'm not going to try, I mean I'm never going to offer to tow someone with my car anyway so no need to ever remove it, and if anyone (garage or workshop or dealer or whoever) ever removes it and either causes damage removing it or the paint on the surrounding bit of the bumper comes off with it I'll make sure they repair it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.