Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, so I have the new corsa e but the rear blade has come off not just the blade but the whole arm. I have managed to get the arm but no where sells the actual blade the old blades on mk3 won't fit the new model. I have gone to Vauxhall and they told me they have none in stock and the factory don't make them.... How confusing. Anyone got any suggestions on where to get these as Vauxhall don't seem to want to help I've gone to europarts halfords Amazon the wide internet absolutely nothing

·
Registered
455 Posts
If the arm, like you say "just came off", i.e. it fell off and you didn't pull it off then I'd go back to Vauxhall and complain that it's a manufacturing error and they may/should sort it out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure when it happened as I only noticed when I reversed in the rain and all I could was a bolt moving. I tried that route to begin with but Vauxhall told me to prove it as it could of been criminal damage which I could agree maybe the case

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
None the less Vauxhall told me the don't have any blades in the country to fit my car and they don't manufacture it which I find hard to believe as it was made for the car in the first place

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Davidpjm said:
Not sure when it happened as I only noticed when I reversed in the rain and all I could was a bolt moving. I tried that route to begin with but Vauxhall told me to prove it as it could of been criminal damage which I could agree maybe the case
Same happend to my Aerial and mirror covers - nicked and probably on Ebay.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Just get it back to your dealer. Simple.

Never know why people bother to attempt to sort stuff out of their own pocket on a new car that is covered completely by the dealer.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
LimeyUK said:

Never know why people bother to attempt to sort stuff out of their own pocket on a new car that is covered completely by the dealer.
Covered on warranty - unless it's Tyre wear or damage, clutch lining, Brake linings, Shockers, Wiper blades, battery ...... long list of exceptions you have to prove is a manufacturing fault not wear and tear.
Depends if they think it's fallen off thru shoddy fixing, or been nicked. Now try to prove it has fallen off!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Jarviser said:
LimeyUK said:

Covered on warranty - unless it's Tyre wear or damage, clutch lining, Brake linings, Shockers, Wiper blades, battery ...... long list of exceptions you have to prove is a manufacturing fault not wear and tear.
Depends if they think it's fallen off thru shoddy fixing, or been nicked. Now try to prove it has fallen off!
VX full warranty actually covers batteries, found that out last week haha.

guess it depends on your dealer, mines pretty laid back, so I can get a lot done for nothing.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Jarviser said:
LimeyUK said:

Actually most of that other than tyres is covered under warranty, just not for the full 3 years like most major mechanical and electrical components, for example shock absorbers should not fail on a 12 month old car unless through abuse so they will be covered. My mate used to work in service at a Vauxhall dealer and im sure wiper blades are covered for the first 185 days or something like that, Clutch is covered until 18,500 miles.

This is what he listed on another forum for Astras at the time he told me this:

DISCS/DRUMS 18,500 or 3years

PADS and SHOES 9,250 or up to 1st Service

CLUTCH 18,500 or 3years

FOG LAMPS 18,500 OR 3years

FUEL FILTER 9,250 or up to 1st service

VALVE CLEARANCE 9,250 or up to 1st service

SHOCK ABSORBERS 37,500 or 3years

WHEEL BALANCE 9,250 or up to 1st service

BRAKE ADJUSTMENT 185days

WIPER ARMS 185days

WIPER BLADES 185days

ACCESSORIES 0miles non warranty

FILAMENT BULBS 185days

LAMPS 18,500

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I had to pay for a new shock on my 2004 vectra after < 5000 miles. Only when the other one went did they agree to pay for the second one only. Maybe Things have changed a lot.

Edit: i just paid £100+ for new pads at 16000 miles. No way would they do them on warranty. Maybe at 9000 they might. Good to know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts