Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys my 44 month old Corsa e rear screen wiper arm has started playing up. Sweeps ok on normal function but parks incorrectly. Also will not operate correctly when on intermittent sweep. VX Eden service department suspect Wiper Motor so car booked in for next Tuesday, hopefully covered under my recently purchased Extended Warranty. Will keep advised.

·
Registered
393 Posts
same here at 35 months. Harness broken from motor. New motor and harness way back to the car body beyond the hinge. Done on normal warranty.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's interesting wonder if cabling May have been disturbed during resent Cable Harness Recall / Repair works ?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Delboy_Lee said:
New wiper motor fitted by VX under extended warranty - all fine now.
check the rubber thingy that takes the harness across the hinge of the tailgate. Does it look new? In which case the harness may have been changed too. Just out of interest.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had a quick look at cable harness and entry point rubber bung but cant see any changes also initial quotation for the Motor Failure did not mention any suspected cable problems so can only assume this was not touched.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same problem with my four year old SRi, 19k miles. My garage (not Vauxhall) tried a new motor (used but in good order) and stalk switch but to no avail. Local Vauxhall say it must be the motor. Hmmm. Guess I'll just have to live with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Car four years old, 21k miles and same problem. Tried new motor and switch without success Today got auto electrician to try and sort and he found reason within one minute: the wiring harness was partially broken in the tailgate gaitor. Fixed within half an hour for a reasonable sum. He said it's down to poor design. BUT we wondered if local Vauxhall dealer had replaced that part of the harness when the recall happened two years ago...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same issue, Vauxhall says no recall or mine ??? found fault was in the wiring harness inside the rubber sheath between the tailgate and the body of the car. all wires are black, 2 were broken most of the rest were exposed where the insulation was failing. Fortunately the 2 broken wires were not of similar size. Motor vehicle Bicycle tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Electrical wiring
Picture attached hopefully.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
The same loom also operates the boot switch and lock. I had two broken wires in the rubber gator.

I bought the new loom from local vx dealer for £60 (not much difference in price to online) and fitted it myself.

Easy job apart from feeding the cable from tailgate which I used the trusty coat hanger for

·
Registered
1 Posts
same problem now first boot switch then rear wiper reverse light and fog light all stopped in one go has to be loom a
where boot closes all fuses fine do i pull it back and check ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts