Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received a call this afternoon form Opel, the lady at the phone informed me that unfortunately the car requires a new wiring harness for the tailgate. Anyone had a similar recall?
Have had no issues whatsoever with the tailgate electrics so far...

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Had members with non opening tail gates one of which was blamed on harness. They didnt provide an emergency opening access like on earlier models so dealers have had to "break in".
I reckon its possible to drill a couple of holes near the manual release catch but you'd need to do it before anything went wrong. Too old to crawl in and test it!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will see what they come up with, hope they don't mess it up...haven't had a single issue since we bought it

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I have something that's like a dull knocking in the rear passenger door behind the driver's seat and in the passenger front door. Does sound like it could be loose and kind of 'plasticky' as it's not a metal on metal noise. When I do a search online with my VIN nothing comes up on the GM Recall Info site.

·
Registered
895 Posts
See my car is on the recall list for this Tailgate cable harness replacement? but no letter yet & VX Eden Fareham Service department new nothing about this yet so will see what comes in the post? Also no known issues with my Tailgate either.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Delboy_Lee said:
See my car is on the recall list for this Tailgate cable harness replacement? but no letter yet & VX Eden Fareham Service department new nothing about this yet so will see what comes in the post? Also no known issues with my Tailgate either.
No issues with my tailgate, just these noises that have appeared recently in a couple of doors. Where did you find out that your car is included in the recall?

·
Registered
895 Posts
SylvE said:
Delboy_Lee said:
No issues with my tailgate, just these noises that have appeared recently in a couple of doors. Where did you find out that your car is included in the recall?
GM recalls on this site just enter your VIN code the once & it will come up with latest recalls each time you access ? very useful.

https://my.gm.com/recalls

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
That's the site I've been using. I don't re-enter my VIN every time as it's already in teh drop down list to click on. It always says there are no recalls for my car. Maybe mine isn't one of them then!

·
Registered
895 Posts
SylvE said:
That's the site I've been using. I don't re-enter my VIN every time as it's already in teh drop down list to click on. It always says there are no recalls for my car. Maybe mine isn't one of them then!
Expect our differences are due to Manufacture Month/Year as I notice you have a 5 door similar to mine ?

·
Registered
107 Posts
SylvE said:
I wasn't going to bother as iv'e now sold her but gave it a try and sure enough it's in the drop down too : )

It has the recall. She's had so many issues - bar this one iv'e actually sold her; shall eventually write up. There's a rattle near the passenger door.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I asked about this at the dealers when I was in getting something Else checked and was told the recall was only on 5 doors, yet I've just checked that site and my 3 door needs to go in for the recall, clearly the dealers don't have a clue!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Having mine done next Wednesday, mine is a 3 door manufactured July15. Hope they don't mess it up as it was working fine so far. I'll sure stay with them while they replace the harness , apparently its a 1hr job, and having wired the rear dash cam through the tailgate flex conduit, I don't want them to damage anything!
Will keep you posted...

·
Registered
391 Posts
That recall site isn't accurate, I popped the VIN in of one of my old cars which had a recall job performed on it, and the site says no recalls?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Says mine's due a recall for the harness. Going to wait and see if Vauxhall call me up on this one... Give them a chance to do their jobs for once instead of me chasing them. :p

1 - 20 of 72 Posts