Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had mine done last week while it was in for it's first service.
Apart from the fact that they didn't secure the rubber cable conduit by the top left boot hinge, i haven't noticed anything.
Service receptionist said it was to "chaffing".

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Jarviser said:
Said on the news yesterday they are recalling 234,000 Zafiras for a second time to stop them catching fire. I can see dealers being rather busy in the next few months.
Rather worrying that the news article I read mentioned a faulty resistor in the heater control. Considering my Corsa suffered an odd event last week where it was running hot when on cold setting I'm concerned the Corsa has potentially the same issue?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Good news! Vauxhall have managed to do something off their own back without me chasing them! :D Had my letter about this recall today. Going to see when they can fit me in. So many issues for a new car... :(

·
Registered
261 Posts
Phoned dealer this morning and booked in for one of the recalls, service desk said there is another pending but vxh has put on hold lack of parts !!!

·
Registered
342 Posts
john002 said:
Phoned dealer this morning and booked in for one of the recalls, service desk said there is another pending but vxh has put on hold lack of parts !!!
Apart from the tailgate recall what is the other recall for?

·
Registered
895 Posts
skyblue1969 said:
john002 said:
I have 2 recalls on my vehicle:
This one for Tailgate Harness & an earlier one for Rear Door Cable Harness which has been delayed for
quality problems apparently. According to my recall list this has now been resubmitted so just waiting
for letter to confirm.

·
Registered
261 Posts
skyblue1969 said:
john002 said:
As delboy lee

above says

·
Registered
261 Posts
Delboy_Lee said:
SylvE said:
Delboy_Lee said:
See my car is on the recall list for this Tailgate cable harness replacement? but no letter yet & VX Eden Fareham Service department new nothing about this yet so will see what comes in the post? Also no known issues with my Tailgate either.
No issues with my tailgate, just these noises that have appeared recently in a couple of doors. Where did you find out that your car is included in the recall?
GM recalls on this site just enter your VIN code the once & it will come up with latest recalls each time you access ? very useful.

https://my.gm.com/recalls
https://my.gm.com/recalls[/quote]

Not working for me today

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Been back from the Opel workshop, 15min check is all it took.
Talking to the supervisor, he told me the recall is a preventive inspection of the harness for chaffing. Apparently there were some reports that the tailgate harness was chaffing where the harness exits the bodyshell and enters the tailgate. In some instances the whole harness had to be replaced he said, but not locally, well considering there are less than 50 Corsa Es on the island, they'd have to be really unlucky to get one with a damaged harness!

They removed the rubber conduit and rear left hand airbag cover to access the harness, then taped that part of harness with protective tape and thats it, job done. Told them I had already removed the fairing and conduit to pass the rear dashcam wiring along with the tailgate harness, but they had no issue with that...helpful lads, I'm happy with their service

·
Registered
895 Posts
ChrisB said:
Been back from the Opel workshop, 15min check is all it took.
Talking to the supervisor, he told me the recall is a preventive inspection of the harness for chaffing. Apparently there were some reports that the tailgate harness was chaffing where the harness exits the bodyshell and enters the tailgate. In some instances the whole harness had to be replaced he said, but not locally, well considering there are less than 50 Corsa Es on the island, they'd have to be really unlucky to get one with a damaged harness!

They removed the rubber conduit and rear left hand airbag cover to access the harness, then taped that part of harness with protective tape and thats it, job done. Told them I had already removed the fairing and conduit to pass the rear dashcam wiring along with the tailgate harness, but they had no issue with that...helpful lads, I'm happy with their service
Hi Chris thanks for the update information, very useful to know.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Took my Corsa for its first service and the garage said my car was on the list for the wiring harness potential problem so they ae aware of it from Vauxhall now. I've had no issues at all in its first year....great car.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Managed to open https://my.gm.com/recalls today.

But when I tried to open a account to be able to log on, the questions form seem to be for the American market, as it had state and zip codes and unable to bypass these.

anybody had better luck ?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
But when I tried to open a account to be able to log on, the questions form seem to be for the American market, as it had state and zip codes and unable to bypass these.
No need to log in or anything, on that linked page there is a field where you have to enter your VIN...just type your VIN there and press enter, you should get any recalls etc listed below the VIN

You're welocme

·
Registered
261 Posts
ChrisB said:
No need to log in or anything, on that linked page there is a field where you have to enter your VIN...just type your VIN there and press enter, you should get any recalls etc listed below the VIN

You're welocme
I thought that if you open an account you would get up to date recalls sent to you without having to check from time to time.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I got a letter through from Vauxhall today asking me to book mine in to be checked. Mine was built Feb 2015 so seems the problem (if any) stretches over a long production run?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I think all Corsa E's will be recalled at some point, maybe apart from the newer models if they bothered to put protection on the wiring at production stage.
It does not matter if its 3 or 4 door, while they were doing mine there was a 5 door being fixed as well.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts