Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Got home from work today and got a letter from Vauxhall about the recall or as they call it 'customer satisfaction programme'

Booked in 18th

·
Registered
454 Posts
Sat a dealer waiting for the work to be done. Just had a guy arguing that his car was booked in last week but they had no parts and they can't get him back in for another week. 3 others sat here for the same thing. Seems dealers are very busy with the recall

·
Registered
454 Posts
When the tech brought my key back he said something about a the corsa needed having a recall in August for the heater! Sounds like the zaf issue!! Did say anything directly to me even when I asked few questions

·
Registered
15 Posts
I recently took my Corsa E to Vauxhall for the recall on the 1st of June. Last week I tried to open the boot and it failed to open, I rarely use it so I don't know when it broke. My car is booked in on Tuesday for it to be investigated and hopefully fixed, I mentioned to the receptionist that it's only recently been in for the recall but they said this problem isn't related. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem? Or would know if the problem is actually related to the recall?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hi Boot Lock failures have been reported on here before ? Possible problems are wiring connection or possible water ingress to Boot Lock hopefully all be sorted when you take your vehicle in on Tuesday. Got mine booked in for Tailgate warranty on 28th June so be interesting to see what occurs. Best of luck.

·
Registered
454 Posts
While mine was in for the recall I had them look at the boot lock as it has started to squeak when I lock the car. They said the greased the lock and would make a note on the system about it. The boot has to date not failed to open but I wonder if the squeak is the start of the lock failing.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Had mine checked 3 weeks ago and it's ok apparantley. But got a call from the garage to say there is another recall on the steering column. Again it seems about wiring. The car is booked in tomorrow so will try and find out more.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just had my car in for its second recall. This time to check the wiring in the steering column. Mine was fine but they tell me that some cars have had to have a modification to the wiring.
They also stated that letters have not gone out from Vauxhall yet and they were contacting their customers.

·
Registered
80 Posts
My wife took her Excite 1.0T in for the wiring harness recall today. I also asked them to look at a number of other issues:

Wiring harness recall in hatch - taped up as per recall
Radio coming on when boot is opened/closed (intermittent) - no fault found, but after arguing the point they did the software update.
Difficulty getting into reverse gear - No fault found (still lost with this one)
Rear nearside seat belt alarms after someone gets out - No fault found. Had a right good argument with the service department until he offered to take me out in the car and prove that it wasn't happening. After explaining three times that when someone gets out and shuts the door the seat belt alarms as if they are still sitting there. He was still adamant that everything was working as it should. Guess what, stopped the car, asked the back sat passenger to get out. Closed the door and he said (smugly) it's working, no alarm. That was until I told him to put it in gear and drive. Ding, ding, ding. The seat belt alarm showed that there was someone sitting without a seat belt. I could have screamed.

They are now going to send a report to Vauxhall about the seat belt issue but still saying no fault with the gearbox.

Then I went out and tried my OnStar as I had started the app. Guess what - no OnStar. Look for the other thread.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Geo said:
My wife took her Excite 1.0T in for the wiring harness recall today. I also asked them to look at a number of other issues:

Difficulty getting into reverse gear - No fault found (still lost with this one)

They are now going to send a report to Vauxhall about the seat belt issue but still saying no fault with the gearbox.

Then I went out and tried my OnStar as I had started the app. Guess what - no OnStar. Look for the other thread.
my gearbox does exactly the same u have to take the E-brake off push the clutch all the way down let the car slide few centimeters foward or backwards and the reverse gear goes in something stupid about it dunno why

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a sting r turbo.
my tailgate wiring harness has been dealt with after having a problem with my boot lock.
with the tailgate in the open position, the boot lock would make the same noise and action as if you were physically trying to open the boot ...all on its own ! the dealer had already replaced the boot lock /switch assembly. it seemed ok for a while then the same problem recurred.
now the tailgate wiring harness recall has been done it has not malfunctioned. yippee !!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Been to the dealer this morning to check some issues I had with the car...good service so far, efficient lads they are.

Reported the issues yesterday afternoon through facebook, received a call from aftersales manager an hour later and had my car booked in for this morning to check it out.
Issues were the pass side door mirror not functioning properly, dealer agreed to replace unit under warranty, driver side seatbelt after releasing the buckle will not wind back correctly, same here dealer agreed to replace. Also reported the steering wheel - the leather at one of the seams looks a bit rough, so they recoded it and are going to review it next service, if it gets worse they will replace.
Parts ordered and while there they booked it in for the steering wiring recall.
Also ordered the passenger side sunvisor as my wife can't stand it any more!

·
Registered
342 Posts
I took mine in to have a door rattle sorted out and while I was waiting they also done work on the IP wiring harness as requested by vx now I haven't got a clue what that is as I have already had the tailgate harness done a couple of months ago

41 - 60 of 72 Posts