Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Phoned vx today and the wiring harness rework was for the instrument panel, they put new insulating protection around the wiring looms as a preventative measure even though they say there are no recorded issues

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Jarviser said:
Had members with non opening tail gates one of which was blamed on harness. They didnt provide an emergency opening access like on earlier models so dealers have had to "break in".
I reckon its possible to drill a couple of holes near the manual release catch but you'd need to do it before anything went wrong. Too old to crawl in and test it!
After my third overnight flat battery, (so flat that the battery charger kept blowing fuses,) I needed to get into the tailgate to get spare fuses, so...

YES you can release from inside without any drilling. Just drop down the rear seat backs and as you look at the inside of the tailgate catch insert a thin screw driver between the lower left of the catch and the plastic trim and lift the black plastic release catch. The tailgate opens.
I showed the RAC guy who came to rescue my battery and he didn't know there was a manual release.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Jarviser said:
Had members with non opening tail gates one of which was blamed on harness. They didnt provide an emergency opening access like on earlier models so dealers have had to "break in".
I reckon its possible to drill a couple of holes near the manual release catch but you'd need to do it before anything went wrong. Too old to crawl in and test it!
You dont need to drill anything. Just go in through the back seats and poke a screwdriver in the LH of the lock (as you look at it) and flick the black release lever. Best inspect it with the hatch open now!

Mine was never recalled but at 3 yrs old the harness had to be replaced on warranty due to broken rear wiper operation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got an issue with 2015 1.4 Turbo VX Line 5 Dr. Boot lock won't open. Managed to get in via rear seats and remove t/gate back panel but the lock is dead when cent locking is operating. Had an issue with rear wiper few months ago - have not fixed that yet - keeps blowing fuse even when not connected. Wonder if the 2 issues are connected? T/gate harness short? any else had similar problem?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Received a call this afternoon form Opel, the lady at the phone informed me that unfortunately the car requires a new wiring harness for the tailgate. Anyone had a similar recall?
Have had no issues whatsoever with the tailgate electrics so far...
Hi had same problem on corsa e 2016 after going several garages saying need new wiring loom ended up going to another garage certainly not Vauxhall garage only for car to be fixed in hours time result 2 wires came apart in harness which was put back together for grand price of 50 pound certainly cheaper than Vauxhall wanted to charge me

61 - 72 of 72 Posts