Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, thinking to remap my 1.2L engine to make it faster and more fun to drive....do you guys recommend it and is it safe? Never had it done, will go according to the comments, will probably do it some time next year!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
For a 1.2, absolutely no point to be honest.

If you haven't got for a 1.2 for insurance reasons, then I don't know why you'd choose a 1.2. If you have gone for a 1.2 for insurance reasons, then remapping will not help you at all, and will increase it way more than going for the 1.4 would have.

Besides the insurance side of things, the 1.2 is a weak engine, and I suspect it doesn't actually have all that much more to give - unlike what people have found out for the 1.4T.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I get you, some guy said I would only get another 10bhp, it's not gonna make much of a difference. I mainly got the 1.2L as my parents insisted I got one of the last 2 capital corsas, they were both 1.2.....I would of otherwise gotten a 1.0 turbo but tbh I do like the extras that come with the corsa! :)

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Remapping a Corsa is far more serious than rooting your phone. As already said you would need to re-insure, the fuel economy would be unpredictable and all engine and transmission warranties void. Even if it did increase power, the brakes and other stability systems would be under-rated. Worst of all the type approval for emissions would also be void which in my book is immoral.
You have wise parents. The 1.2 is a fine car and if kept entirely untouched will keep a good trade in value.
I grew up on the old 850cc basic Minis and they were fun without tuning.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
SilverRaj said:
Yeah I get you, some guy said I would only get another 10bhp, it's not gonna make much of a difference. I mainly got the 1.2L as my parents insisted I got one of the last 2 capital corsas, they were both 1.2.....I would of otherwise gotten a 1.0 turbo but tbh I do like the extras that come with the corsa! :)
Fair enough! I would have said why not go for a 1.0T, but if there was two other corsas already built then that's a good enough reason to go for them!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! Also I have been inspecting my car today, last week I found a scratch on the door (a day after I received the car) and they repaired it.....today I found a scratch on the bonnet and two body parts are not aligned correctly.....I bought that £500 paint chip damage alloy wheel kit etc.....but surely this should of been all checked by the dealer before giving it to me? I received kind of a poor service from my dealer tbh.....any suggestions would be helpful! Thanks

·
Registered
342 Posts
SilverRaj said:
Thanks guys! Also I have been inspecting my car today, last week I found a scratch on the door (a day after I received the car) and they repaired it.....today I found a scratch on the bonnet and two body parts are not aligned correctly.....I bought that £500 paint chip damage alloy wheel kit etc.....but surely this should of been all checked by the dealer before giving it to me? I received kind of a poor service from my dealer tbh.....any suggestions would be helpful! Thanks
Which body parts are not aligned correctly is it the bonnet and the gaps between the lights

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nope, it's near the the 2 body parts which connect near the wheel arch.....on one side it's perfectly aligned, on the other it's slightly out. I know it's only a small thing but it's still irriating

1 - 8 of 8 Posts