Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Car wouldn't go into reverse gear so lifted up the gear stick cover and found this metal part broken. Anyone had this before and know if it's an easy fix or what I should expect to pay? I'm taking it to a garage but really no idea what the usual price for something like this is.

Causing an issue as my car is currently parked and I need to reverse it out of the space

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Simmons said:
Isn't that just a lock out to stop you accidentally selecting reverse. You should be able to lift it to select reverse to get out of the spot your in.
Yeah lifted it up from there to reverse the car, will need repaired though as my MOT is due soon

·
Registered
1 Posts
This happened to me a few months back. For a new part from Vauxhall was over £100. I found a new gear knob and gaiter from a scrappy on eBay for £25. The only issue I had was finding a six speed one however as yours is a five speed you should have no problem. Hope you get sorted.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Car White Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Tire Shoe Wheel Automotive tire White

Same here. Couldn’t get off the drive this morning. As you will see photo 1 shows the broken part. Managed to use superglue to fix it in photo 2 but will still look to get a new part soon!

·
Super Moderator
251 Posts
This has been posted before, a quick fix is to use a cable tie round the shoulders of the top shiny part then cross it over and under the shoulder of the white plastic part.

Drilling a hole in the centre of the top shiny part and threading the cable tie through would make it more permanent.

Hand Leg Automotive tire Finger Bumper

1 - 10 of 10 Posts