Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe an odd question, but how many reverse lights are there? I just saw a Sting R reverse out of a parking space and it only had one reverse light on the left side. Is this standars for 3 doors and do 5 doors have 2?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
One light for both I believe. I think the rear fog is in its place on the otherside

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That could be a problem for me then. Is the bulb fairly bright in the dark? If it is only one it would have been better for me on the right side. I rely on my bright reverse light to park on my drive in the dark since street lighting doesn't exist on our side of the road and what there is on the other side are rubbish!

·
Registered
961 Posts
Yeah reverse light on nearside and rear fog light on offside (cars are required by law to have a rear fog on the offside, they can have one on the nearside too but its not mandatory)

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was hoping there may be 2 in the 5 door, as with the Ibiza, 3dr cars have one reverse light and the 5 dr has 2.

Edit - Is there a list of bulbs anywhere so I could look into getting a brighter bulb? Would this one work? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Reverse-bulb-for-opel-corsa-/271934514553?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f508f6579

Could someone please tell me how bright the standard bulb is please? I'm pretty sure my Corsa D only had one reverse light and i got that on the drive ok. It only became a problem when I got the Ibiza as the reverse lights are rubbish as standard. A lot of people replaced their bulbs with Cree ones.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
It's quite bright imo, especially when you're looking at it.

·
Registered
455 Posts
You have so many requirements that I don't honestly think a new Corsa is for you at this moment in time. I honestly believe you'd be better off sticking with your current car based on the long list of comparisons you're having, if you're struggling to see you either need to modify the car or your drive - put a sensor based light on the driveway and save yourself some pain or fit one to the back of your car - it is possible and have had people fit bright lights to the back of their cars when reversing.

Worst comes to worst get brighter bulbs but honestly I can't say I've seen people use a reverse light to see - that isn't its purpose but rather to show and inform people of your manouver

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just want to make sure that I make the right (informed) decision! I know that you aren't meant to see much with the reverse light, but a bit of useable light would be handy! Has your council not replaced all your streetlight with those horrid LED ones? We have no lighting on our side of the road, and since they replaced the streetlights along the other side of the road with the new ones, there is no light at all casting on the driveway. Therefore, in order to park on the driveway and not damage my car on the porch wall, a bit of light in the rear would be rather handy! My driveway is an awkward shape - sloped and walled with a low wall on the pavement side and the porch and house on the other. It is also L shaped, so whoever parks at the back has to negotiate the porch. Whilst we have two cars in the household (my son's and mine) neither of us can get anything bigger than we already have. As I said before, it wasn't an issue with my old Corsa D, just the Ibiza and that was rectified with brighter bulbs.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Just put a reflector on the walls. Much cheaper!

·
Registered
455 Posts
LimeyUK said:
Just put a reflector on the walls. Much cheaper!
I was thinking this, instead of the car (I don't mean to be rude) maybe a lifestyle change or an improvement like automatic lights on your driveway would be beneficial for not just you but everyone. It's easier and less hassle

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Luke Corsa E said:
Alternatively you could drive on to the driveway forwards
Then that poses the issue and risk of reversing off.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Luke Corsa E said:
Alternatively you could drive on to the driveway forwards
I'd rather not! :lol: You haven't seen the driveway! It's quite steep at the front and the only way to get one car at the back is to reverse it on. The driveway is L shaped flanked by brick walls! A couple of times now the garage has returned my Ibiza to me after servicing and driven onto the drive. It's really not a nice experience reversing off down hill. I really must take some pics one day. We play musical cars quite frequently, and I am keen not to damage the paint on any of the walls. I've caught the lower front bumper on the raised drain before now. Lesson learnt and that won't happen again! :D

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
On the way home just now I saw a Corsa D 5dr reverse onto their drive and they had 2 reversing lights. That was on 14 plate.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
LeachiE said:
On the way home just now I saw a Corsa D 5dr reverse onto their drive and they had 2 reversing lights. That was on 14 plate.
Yea it's all about saving money. Why bother putting two reverse lights on if it's not a legal requirement, when you can use the other side as the fog light and therefore not have to create a new special slot for a fog.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts