Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I quite often drive the car with my steel toed work boots on I'm not wanting to ruin the carpet mats I've fitted to stop the cars carpets themselves getting ruined (I know I know the carpet mats are there to get ruined so long as they save the car carpet but I'm very picky) I'm looking in to getting the genuine Vauxhall rubber mats which clip in, has anyone else looked into getting them and have a rough idea of price or even better a pic of them fitted.

Www.Vauxhall-accessories.com has them listed as separate front and rear pairs at £43.86 for the front and £41.28 for the rear which is over £85 for a set of mats to ruin! Last time I bought them from a Vauxhall dealer for a Vectra and an Astra they were about £35-ish all in for the full set! Surely they can't have gone up by £50 in the space of 3 years.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I know I keep saying this but there is so much genuine corsa stuff on ebay and a lot of it is sold by vauxhall dealers and some half the book price

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have rubber front Matt's and a full set of the carpet ones. All genuine Vauxhall.

I got the carpet ones with the car and bouget the rubber ones second hand.

I plan on using them in the winter.

My advice is get on gumtree before everyone knows corsa d and e Matt's and boots are the same.

I will change mine over tomorrow and get a pic to compare for you.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
anthony said:
I know I keep saying this but there is so much genuine corsa stuff on ebay and a lot of it is sold by vauxhall dealers and some half the book price
Looked on eBay and tailored ones with floor clips can be had for £20 (but not genuine Vauxhall ones) cheapest set of genuine ones inc postage comes to £54 which is still nearly £20 more than I last paid for a set from the stealer. I may just call the dealer on Tuesday.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
joeboy said:
I have rubber front Matt's and a full set of the carpet ones. All genuine Vauxhall.

I got the carpet ones with the car and bouget the rubber ones second hand.

I plan on using them in the winter.

My advice is get on gumtree before everyone knows corsa d and e Matt's and boots are the same.

I will change mine over tomorrow and get a pic to compare for you.
Thanks buddy.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
hendry said:
anthony said:
Looked on eBay and tailored ones with floor clips can be had for £20 (but not genuine Vauxhall ones) cheapest set of genuine ones inc postage comes to £54 which is still nearly £20 more than I last paid for a set from the stealer. I may just call the dealer on Tuesday.
yes did notice that there were a few good deals a few weeks ago but seem to have been sold now

·
Registered
356 Posts
Tailored ones for £11.84 DELIVERED!!!!

https://www.valuecarmats.com/p/994/vauxhall-corsa-car-mats

Enter Promo code IWANTADEAL

At this price you can bin them if they get ruined, this company get great reviews online.

Here is a picture I just took.

The rubber ones are really good quality but I would not pay £85 for a set of mats.

The carpet ones are good also but I would just buy the tailored ones for £11.84.

·
Registered
74 Posts
joeboy said:
Tailored ones for £11.84 DELIVERED!!!!

https://www.valuecarmats.com/p/994/vauxhall-corsa-car-mats

Enter Promo code IWANTADEAL

At this price you can bin them if they get ruined, this company get great reviews online.

Here is a picture I just took.

The rubber ones are really good quality but I would not pay £85 for a set of mats.

The carpet ones are good also but I would just buy the tailored ones for £11.84.
Official VX parts only, or risk a voided warranty ;)

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I don't like appearance of the rubber mats. I think I'd rather just replace the velour mats when they wear out. They aren't that expensive really and the velour ones in my pickup truck lasted me 10 years before wearing out. They are sacrifical and save the main carpet and look nice too. However I agree that in winter snow conditions it would be better with the rubber so the carpet doesn't soak up the melted snow.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have to say, ive been impressed with the Arnold Clark mats in my car, they are probably of equivalent quality to the 2nd cheapest genuine Corsa mats (IIRC there are 5 different tyes of Corsa genuine mats - cheapest are the same style as the carpet in a Corsa D, 2nd are the plain black Carpet ones, third are velour, 4th are thicker deeper pile more "luxurious" velour, then there are the rubber ones) and the are tailored to the shape of the footwells like genuine mats (previously they weren't, just generic ones like the cheap ones you get in most supermarkets, Halfords etc) plus the front ones have clips that clip onto the pegs in the footwells so they don't move about.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts