Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up guys, I had spotted the full set of Rubber Mats at £49 on Vauxhalls official site, clicked on buy it now and it opened up a link to Vauxhall Accessories who wanted £85.

I contacted both Vauxhall and Vauxhall Accessories to be told normal price is £85 but Vauxhall are running a special at £49 as shown on their site, and that the Vauxhall Accessories site will be doing them at that price in the next few weeks they just haven't updates their site yet so check back in the next couple of weeks as it should be down from £85 to £49 on the Accessories site to match the £49 on Vauxhalls own site, HOWEVER, what the robbing sods have done is put the Vauxhall site price up to £85 to match the Accessories site! :shock:

Anyway, after hunting about I came across a fixed price parts specials section on the website of Peter Vardy (2nd biggest Vauxhall dealer group in Scotland) offering the mats for £37.80, I queried this as Arnold Clark where I bought my car were also quoting £85. A guy from their parts dept called me back and said that £85 was correct price, he assumes Vauxhall have changed supplier or something like that as its a new number but still same part as for the Corsa D. Hence the near £50 jump in price, however he has juggled the price about and can do them for £54.80 which is more reasonable saving £30. So just a heads up, you won't get mats for the same price as the D ones that most Vauxhall dealers still have listed at a cheaper price on their site as it hasn't been changed over to the price for the E, so I'd you are quick you can play dumb, jump on the price for the ones for the D, when they come back and say the E ones are more, point out you assumed they were for the E and that their site was up to date and that you aren't willing to pay that much for a set of mats and they'll likely say they can do the E ones for slightly more (obviously you'll know you are getting them much cheaper than they actually are) be shady and play them at their own game :lol:

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Its also worth noting that you can nearly always get matts thrown in with a car purchase too, new or used.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Seems quite expensive for rubber mats? I paid £60 for the 'Premium' carpet mats (set of 4) which is about normal for a set of genuine mats from a main dealer. However rubber mats are normally the cheapest option so I'd expect to be paying no more than £40 for them? Has rubber become the new premium? :?: :?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
It seems they charge you for both front and rear pairs on the rubber matts, whereas the Velour, and economy ones (£55 & £37 respectively) are a full set. I'd much rather have the carpet ones over rubber - I got carpet ones thrown in with my car!

I guess the big selling point with rubber is that it is easier to clean?

·
Registered
223 Posts
LimeyUK said:
I guess the big selling point with rubber is that it is easier to clean?
Rubber ones are better for wet days and if you tend to get muddy shoes a lot. I don't though so have carpet ones. Some people use rubber for winter and carpet for summer.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LimeyUK said:
Its also worth noting that you can nearly always get matts thrown in with a car purchase too, new or used.
I did get mats thrown in with my car, dealer ones which say Arnold Clark on them but still decent quality, tailored to the shape of the floor and with the clips like the genuine ones.

However I mostly drive my car with my heavy steel toed work boots which would get the carpet ones muddy and worn through in no time then probably the actual carpet itself not far behind so rubber ones are a necessary evil for me unfortunately.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Hendry, I do all my driving in work boots and always fit carpet not rubber even in my pickup trucks. You'd be surprised but the carpet mats last for years even when abused and caked in mud, snow and ice. My last pickup truck still had its original genuine carpet mats after 10 years, 250K miles, just had a hole in the drivers heel area but that only happened after 200K miles. I prefer the carpet and would just replace every few years if needed especially if cheaper than rubber! :)

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mud4fun said:
Hendry, I do all my driving in work boots and always fit carpet not rubber even in my pickup trucks. You'd be surprised but the carpet mats last for years even when abused and caked in mud, snow and ice. My last pickup truck still had its original genuine carpet mats after 10 years, 250K miles, just had a hole in the drivers heel area but that only happened after 200K miles. I prefer the carpet and would just replace every few years if needed especially if cheaper than rubber! :)
I had genuine expensive £55 deluxe velour Astra mats in my Astra H and the drivers one was threadbare in next to no time on the heel area and the rear passenger one had a rip in the top right corner despite the back seats hardly ever being used. Was not impressed.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Wow, that is bad. To be fair all my pickup trucks have been Toyota, Mitsubishi or Mazda and I suspect their quality was better. I certainly was not impressed with the 'premium' carpet mats in my Corsa when comparing with my jap pickup mats. The pickups had deeper pile carpet, heavy duty heel pads and seemed more dirt proof than the Corsa mats. I will be interested to see how long mine last.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mud4fun said:
Wow, that is bad. To be fair all my pickup trucks have been Toyota, Mitsubishi or Mazda and I suspect their quality was better. I certainly was not impressed with the 'premium' carpet mats in my Corsa when comparing with my jap pickup mats. The pickups had deeper pile carpet, heavy duty heel pads and seemed more dirt proof than the Corsa mats. I will be interested to see how long mine last.
Its not just Vauxhall in fairness, we have fairly expensive BMW, Audi, Mercedes cars at work, anything from A1/1 series/A-Class through to Q5/GL350/X5 and most of they by the time they are 2 years old/20k miles their mats are all dogeared, worn, feel like theyve crumbled in the heelpad area and have lost all their rigidity, definitely agree about Jap car mats, the ones in our Avensis', Versos, Lexus IS' etc are all long lasting. Just a shame the bodies aren't, almost bought (had placed deposit and signed for) a 38k mile 2009 '58' plate plate Mazda 3 in 2012, just ticked over 3 years old, and there were signs of rust already so walked away, noticed loads of them since then like this.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Yeah, my Mazda pickup had just about rusted away at 10 years old. It had more severe rust on its chassis than my 50 year old Land Rover. The Mazda doors rotted from the inside out so the check straps pulled out of the door, the rear axle rusted through and leaked oil as did the sump, the brake lines failed the MOT due to corrosion and all the suspension had to be replaced after the leaf springs corroded so badly they snapped and the shocks had holes in them. The carpet mats lasted longer than the bodywork!! :-(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.