Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, newbie here!!!

Just bought 65 plate 1.3CDTi SRi EcoFlex Stop/Start. My Corsa D recently had the ECU give up the ghost after nearly 7 years, and 91k on the clock by me, needed new front brakes and just wasn't worth chucking money at it (£1250 just for ECU to be fitted)

Anyway very pleased with my new baby so far. Just a bit mystified at the lack of information in the service book... From what I gather, I have to get service every 10k or yearly whichever comes first/ or if oil life is reading low. What I find really annoying is that the service book and owners manual don't appear to tell you ANYWHERE which items are specific to each service? I would like to know what is going to need replacing at what interval, so I can make sure the car is being looked after properly.......e.g belts, filters etc...

If anybody can give me a link online or something to some decent service information I can print off, this would be very much appreciated.

Happy Vauxhall motoring lol !!!!!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Speak to your dealer. It could vary from dealer to dealer for all we know.

My service plan says 20k or year, and I think if you search for Corsa Service interval on Google, you'll find the same result

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thanks for reply.

Ok 20k or yearly whichever comes first, but how / why do they print a service book with absolutely no information with regards to what actually needs replacing?!! I find it ridiculous, quite insulting. Surely the owner would like to have an idea of what is being done on each interval. My last book on the Corsa D was quite general, but using the engine code of your model- you could work out EXACTLY what needed doing on each service.

Totally mystified at the lack of information matey. Doesn't tell you anything.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
From experience the book has never contained such information prior to having the service... My garage writes in what was changed etc into the book itself at device time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well previous Vauxhall service books definitely did provide all the information. You could work out for example at what mileage the alternator belt would need replacing. Bit of a joke these new service books, if you ask me. I like to know what work is going to be done at what time.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
You should get a bill of what was done, thats it. Most of the money goes on oil at £90 a gallon, and oil filter. They look at stuff and do a report. Thats about it. New belts go on years down the line.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I certainly also recall previous service books on other Vauxhalls I've owned detailing what gets changed and when, but the newer ones are generic and the same service history booklet for every model in the range now so it'd be a huge book if it contained what was done when as it'd have to cover every model from Viva to Antara and Movano vans.

We had a 2 year old Corsa D in for service at Vauxhall through the week and there was a service sheet in the paperwork, an actual Vauxhall one titled "inspection plan checklist" or something like that and basically listed everything done in the service or should be done at the dealer must tick to say it's been done.

This has also changed as the sheets used to be entitled "first annual inspection" "second annual inspection" etc and had a list of things and some said every 2years/20k miles, every 4years/40k miles etc.

Brake fluid is done every 2 years but I'm not sure if that's included in the service cost or an extra charge.

First, third, fifth etc service is oil and filter change, a load of basic checks, fluid top ups, lubricate locks and hinges, they are supposed to remove the wheels to inspect the brakes and also so they can remove the wheel nuts and refit at correct torque.

Second, fourth, sixth service is all the above plus air filter, key fob batteries, pollen filter.

Spark plugs are every 4 years/40k but again not sure if they are included in cost of 4th service or extra cost. Timing belt is definitely not included in the cost but is either every 4years/40k or every 6years/60k

A point to note is if you are keeping your car beyond 3 years when the warranty expires, most dealers E.g. Arnold Clark offer their own fixed price servicing which still uses genuine parts and includes all the things a manufacturer service would and still a Vauxhall stamp in the book, only difference is a cheaper price, infact even Vauxhall Masterfit offer fixed menu price servicing at all dealers for cars over 3 years old for £199 for a major service so will be the same stuff done as a 2nd/4th manufacturer service but again just cheaper.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Brake fluid change is over and above my service plan - about £35. I refused it as I intended to trade it in 3 months later!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts