Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that signed up for the monthly service plan, did you receive anything written through the post? I haven't had anything as yet and the car will be 6 weeks old this coming week. Guess I'll pop into the dealership at some point to check that it's been set up. I had a letter when I took out a service plan for the Ibiza.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hello LeachIE, I received my Plan confirmation within the 1st Month, I would check with the dealership and get it sorted as soon as possible. Regards

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
LeachiE said:
For those of you that signed up for the monthly service plan, did you receive anything written through the post? I haven't had anything as yet and the car will be 6 weeks old this coming week. Guess I'll pop into the dealership at some point to check that it's been set up. I had a letter when I took out a service plan for the Ibiza.
Eventually, after a month, but only after chasing the firm (I upgraded my existing EMAC plan which was 27 months through) The direct debit reference should be your membership number.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both - I will pop into the dealership or phone up next week. Need to check bank statements too to see if any payments have come out yet. My V5 came through within a week which I thought was really fast.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update - I phoned the sales guy last week and he said it had been sent through to the servie dept but they were being slow. He emailed me yesterday to say that everything was ready (finally) for me to sign. I popped in this afternoon and signed and picked up my paperwork. The plan covers 3 services and the first MOT.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
SteveB said:
I don't think you'lo need 1st mot at 3 years, it's changing to 4 soon.
makes sense. 3 yr old cars are like new nowadays.
They're not Vauxhall schemes, they're dealer schemes. Mine is with EMAC. Any other companies out there?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Jarviser said:
SteveB said:
I don't think you'lo need 1st mot at 3 years, it's changing to 4 soon.
makes sense. 3 yr old cars are like new nowadays.
They're not Vauxhall schemes, they're dealer schemes. Mine is with EMAC. Any other companies out there?
EMAC is Vauxhalls service plan dealer. Mine is with EMAC too

·
Registered
356 Posts
Mine is with emac I believe through evens halshaw.

Mine is £450 for 3 services, works out £15 per month.

Is that what everyone else is paying?

·
Registered
961 Posts
joeboy said:
Mine is with emac I believe through evens halshaw.

Mine is £450 for 3 services, works out £15 per month.

Is that what everyone else is paying?
I just went for a 2 year one as by the time the third is due the car will be out of warranty and that's the only reason I've opted for a service plan to keep it full Vauxhall service history while in warranty (I know you don't need to have it main dealer serviced to keep the warranty valid but it means they won't try the old the garage youve used have fitted inferior service parts which is why this part has failed so we won't repair under warranty type crap) when the third is due I'll likely still take it to Vauxhall dealer but I'll just get an Evans Halshaw or Peter Vardy Value Service or an Arnold Clark 32 point, or even the proper Vauxhall fixed price £99 interim service as its half the price of the official third service, still gets a Vauxhall stamp in the book, genuine parts used and will be the same things covered as the official third service which is basically just an oil and filter change and a load of checks.

Oh my 2 year plan was £279 and includes a free car care kit, fluid top ups between services and free puncture repairs, its not brilliant value but a lot cheaper than paying for the first and second services at the time as think it works out closer to £400 for them at their actual prices. I don't pay monthly as its not a Vauxhall backed plan, its Arnold Clark's own manufacturer service plan for cars under 36months old and i just paid it outright.

Edit: Joe am I right in thinking you stay in the Glasgow area? If so and you've got the Evans Halshaw service plan rather than a Vauxhall one meaning it has to go to an Eh dealership for its servicing, if you want proper Vauxhall services you'll need to go to Falkirk, Kilmarnock, Edinburgh or Ardrossan to the closest Eh Vauxhall dealership as the only one in the Glasgow area (East Kilbride) has recently been taken over by Arnold Clark.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I pay £14.99 or something a month for 3 years, £500 total, can't actually remember what I get for that now though :lol:

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Hendry, do Vauxhall back any plans? i thought they were all private. Emac is not run by Vx, they do all makes including bikes.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mine is £13.66 a month. Covers 3 services and 1st MOT. Paperwork has annual mileage down as 8,000.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Jarviser said:
Hendry, do Vauxhall back any plans? i thought they were all private. Emac is not run by Vx, they do all makes including bikes.
I thought they were private too, but VX use EMAC by the looks of it, that or they recommend dealers to use them?

·
Registered
961 Posts
Jarviser said:
Yeah theres one on their website although it appears to be backed/administered by Emac as well.

·
Registered
356 Posts
hendry said:
Edit: Joe am I right in thinking you stay in the Glasgow area? If so and you've got the Evans Halshaw service plan rather than a Vauxhall one meaning it has to go to an Eh dealership for its servicing, if you want proper Vauxhall services you'll need to go to Falkirk, Kilmarnock, Edinburgh or Ardrossan to the closest Eh Vauxhall dealership as the only one in the Glasgow area (East Kilbride) has recently been taken over by Arnold Clark.
You are spot on Hendry, the reason for my post was in my service plan my local evens halshaw was ek so I called to arrange it and found out it was not Arnold Clark.

I just asked the price of a 3 year service plan with them and they quoted £399. I am paying £450 for mine with evens halshaw. I would of just went for that and cancelled mine but if you buy a Arnold Clark plan you can not get it serviced for 2 months. Arnold Clark Hamilton road is very close to me but my service is due on the 22nd of DEC so it is no use.

I am booked in on the 28th in Falkirk. I am just looking at it as a wee day out. :lol:

·
Registered
455 Posts
I was quoted for 2years (plan to get rid of car before 3rd service/MOT)
Approximate mileage / date:
S1 20000 miles / October 2016
S2 40000 miles / October 2017
Plan cost and payment information Price of plan inc. VAT £321.05 Amount to pay £321.05 =
Direct Debit details:
1 payment of £15.45 on 10 Dec 2015
20 payments of £15.28 until 10 Aug 2017

Not sure where they got approx milage from but hey ho i'll roll with it, is £15 worth it for 2yr? Is that actually any cheaper than normal service? & I'm just tempted to pay it all upfront in that case.

·
Registered
961 Posts
joeboy said:
hendry said:
You are spot on Hendry, the reason for my post was in my service plan my local evens halshaw was ek so I called to arrange it and found out it was not Arnold Clark.

I just asked the price of a 3 year service plan with them and they quoted £399. I am paying £450 for mine with evens halshaw. I would of just went for that and cancelled mine but if you buy a Arnold Clark plan you can not get it serviced for 2 months. Arnold Clark Hamilton road is very close to me but my service is due on the 22nd of DEC so it is no use.

I am booked in on the 28th in Falkirk. I am just looking at it as a wee day out. :lol:
Ah I see, I took mine out when I bought the car and just had it serviced at Pollokshaws AC on Wednesday, they had no issues with servicing the car 3 and a half months/10K miles earlier than it turning a year old/20K miles, but I'm guessing what you mean by waiting 2 months is the plan has to have been active for at least 2 months rather than the car being serviced 2 months early?

Did you buy your car from EK Vauxhall?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts