Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

So a couple weeks ago I placed my order for a 1.4T 5dr SE in Shiny Rock (MY16).

I was really impressed with the 1.0t that I test drove (a million miles away from what my old 1.0l Corsa B (first car) was like) - however I'm glad I've gone for the 1.4T, both because the 1.0t was a bit revvy and because I tend to do lots of 200mile+ motorway journeys.

I chose the SE for the standard spec, as well as for having the standard suspension. I've had two Corsa D's with vauxhalls 'sport suspension' which I've found a bit harsh when passengers are in the car. I'm looking forward to having more of a comfort set up, for a change.

The options I chose were the space saver spare wheel, Parking assist w/ blind spot (for the sake of £45) and bi-xenon headlights.

The Onstar feature was standard on the MY16 build for the SE. I was a bit reluctant in having this feature, from what others have discussed before, however I'm willing to give it a go for the sake of a few years. I think it's something that could sway my decision in the future, if I didn't like it in this car - although it does look like it's starting to sweep the market.

For a bit of extra information if people are curious, the discounts I got from the car were as follows: £750 loyalty, £125 dealership discount, £250 web voucher. I got £2000 p/x for a 9 year old Corsa D. This comes with the usual carpet mats + fuel.

I look forward to sharing my experiences with the car with you all. Expecting delivery around late October.

AP.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I ordered my Corsa yesterday, also in shiny rock but Energy a/c trim. It's a gorgeous colour! The dealer told me that there should be a quantity if Corsas released very soon and if one fits my requirements he will get that one in and cancel my order. If not then it's a wait for factory order like you looking at late Oct/early Nov. Mine is a standard spec with no options.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Only issue I really have with OnStar being 'as Standard' is the fact that after the first year it costs £79 p.a.

·
Registered
455 Posts
LimeyUK said:
Only issue I really have with OnStar being 'as Standard' is the fact that after the first year it costs £79 p.a.
I'm not really complaining because I'm positive you don't have to pay it, it's not required - it's just there... kinda thing. But stuff like SOS will always be free - they can't charge for something that saves lives.

So if anything, its something thats there if you want to pay for it but for free - I'll have it.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Matthew said:
LimeyUK said:
I'm not really complaining because I'm positive you don't have to pay it, it's not required - it's just there... kinda thing. But stuff like SOS will always be free - they can't charge for something that saves lives.

So if anything, its something thats there if you want to pay for it but for free - I'll have it.
It's pretty useless at the best of times, but the free version is just extra junk the car doesn't need. If anything, you might as well pay for it, at least you get some fairly useful stuff rather than an overweight mobile phone.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I received confirmation of my build slot today.

Build week: 18th Sept 2015
Estimated delivery week: 16th Oct 2015.

I can't wait!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Corsa_AP said:

I can't wait!
Ooooh! That's exciting! Hope to get confirmation of my build slot soon then! Did you order 3 or 5dr? Did you get that info in an email? I have signed up to the track my vauxhall app.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Corsa_AP said:

I can't wait!
I placed my order with dealer end of June and have identical dates!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LeachiE said:
Ooooh! That's exciting! Hope to get confirmation of my build slot soon then! Did you order 3 or 5dr? Did you get that info in an email? I have signed up to the track my vauxhall app.
I ordered the 5dr version. It's probably not the best looker between the two, but it fits in with what I need it for. I currently have a 5dr Corsa D, so I'm looking forward to having a fresh one again!

I got that info in an email from vauxhall. It has a link within the email to your tracking page where box 1 is ticked, however I could only see the build slot date and estimated delivery date within the email itself.

Fingers crossed you get yours soon! :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jarviser said:
I placed my order with dealer end of June and have identical dates!
That's strange! My order was towards the end of July, and I was expected a few weeks later delivery date than mid October!

You must have been right at the beginning of a certain batch/week of Corsa's being built, and I right at the end of it - especially with the changeover to building the MY16 Corsa's and maybe grouping the 3dr/5dr bodystyles together?

Which area of the UK have you ordered yours from? I wonder if that's a factor for delivering cars in groups to a region?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I ordered a 5dr too as I have a 2yr old grandson to get in and out! I do prefer the sportier look of the 3dr though. 5dr Corsas are made in Spain and 3drs in Germany, so that explains why some MY16 3drs have been released but no 5drs as yet due to the summer shutdown. I think they should concentrate on fulfilling actual orders when they start building, which I read online is Monday. Hopefully I'll get my build slot email soon. I have signed up to the track my vauxhall app.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts