Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ask this more out of curiosity than anything else, I'm aware the Corsa E has six airbags (I assumed one on steering wheel, another on passenger side of dash, one on the side of each front seat and 2 curtain ones across the side windows)

I noticed earlier my car doesn't appear to have the plastic squares on the sides of the seats with "AIRBAG" written on it like the Corsa D. The side of the seats is just fabric like the base model Ds not equipped with side airbags, so where are the 2 airbags previously on the side of the seats now located?

·
Registered
895 Posts
hendry said:
I ask this more out of curiosity than anything else, I'm aware the Corsa E has six airbags (I assumed one on steering wheel, another on passenger side of dash, one on the side of each front seat and 2 curtain ones across the side windows)

I noticed earlier my car doesn't appear to have the plastic squares on the sides of the seats with "AIRBAG" written on it like the Corsa D. The side of the seats is just fabric like the base model Ds not equipped with side airbags, so where are the 2 airbags previously on the side of the seats now located?
Very interesting hendry, took it for granted that airbags were in same place and the on-line photos for Corsa E 2015 confirm the same so will have to check sides of my seats in the morning ? good spot?

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just checked my car and the only giveaway that they are still contained within the front seat backrest is a small "label" which says AIRBAG on it, attached the the side of the backrest at the very bottom almost where it meets the base cushion.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Ah so that's where it is ?? not what the Owners Manual states ?? but that's not unusual as we have already found out. What is interesting is they make a big deal over the "Passenger Sun Visor Label" ?? and you can hardly see the side seat Airbag label its so small. Again great spot.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Delboy_Lee said:
Ah so that's where it is ?? not what the Owners Manual states ?? but that's not unusual as we have already found out. What is interesting is they make a big deal over the "Passenger Sun Visor Label" ?? and you can hardly see the side seat Airbag label its so small. Again great spot.
Just checked the manual and in fairness in this occasion it is correct, it mentions the small label on the seat confirming the airbags presence. However, if you ask me the plastic square on the side bolster of the seats in a D for the airbag to pop out of is a better idea than that of the E, just say you are hit side on in your E and the seat airbag fires, it's going to burst through the seat fabric to get out meaning a new airbag and new seat cover fabric, whereas on the D the seat fabric wouldn't be damaged so it would just be the airbag, thus saving money.

Still pretty pissed off that the passenger sunvisor doesn't have a mirror, if anything I was expecting the sun visors to be better than the ones in the D and maybe come with illuminated vanity mirrors in the visors like Vectras, Astras and Insignias have had for years. I think the solution may be to order a drivers sunvisor from a LHD car or see if Astra illuminated ones fit and are easy enough to wire in the lights.

·
Registered
140 Posts
They're still contained in the seats in the same place they just don't have the plastic covers anymore you can feel them if you push down the side of the seats

·
Registered
356 Posts
The fabric on the seat bursts open.

I have previous experience of this when I crashed into a wall on the m8 motorway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts