Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the dealer set this up for me on Tuesday. The first email I got said build should start 9 - 10 weeks before the delivery date I was given. 10 weeks works out to be w/b 24th August which is the week that MY16 build starts. I'm not the world's most patient person so it's gonna seem like forever! :lol: Judt hoping that they release some 5drs before then!

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I dont understand that. Build takes less than 2 days. The rest must be shipping and faffing.
At least you got a date to work back from, I didn't!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Most likely all the paper work that goes with it these days from start to finish. Hope your excited, I couldn't wait so bought mine from the forecourt :D

Youll enjoy it when it arrives, just don't read the owners manual and discover new buttons and whatnot as you go along, more fun :geek:

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trouble is, I live on the Isle of Wight and there's only one small VX dealership here. They have a few E's in stock but only 3dr LEs in red or white. I'm after the 1.4T 5dr. At least I didn't choose any options to drag it out further! Do they really only take 2 days to build?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Pretty sure we used to knock out victor FDs and Cavaliers in a day and a half from bodyshop to final assembly, 30 an hour using all manual labour. Must surely be faster with the automation and robots!
They probably get a build slot some time before the paint actually hits the tin.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I watched a program recently where they were building a 3 series BMW. The welding took 8 minutes, and painting a similar amount of time

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ugh! Why does it take them so long then? Do they do one line per trim, or mixed trim per line? Why are we having to wait months if they can make them a lot faster than that?!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's a good point! I suppose we have the farthest distance to ship them too as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts