Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been covered before and a few have bought the official E genuine Vauxhall ones, others have them as standard on SE spec etc but was looking on ebay to see what other ones there were and most of the non genuine ones are horrid looking, but came across these genuine ones and wanted peoples thoughts/opinions:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-CORSA-VXR-RACING-DOOR-SILL-NAMEPLATE-COVERS-X2-/160974435925?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item257ad2f655

I like them and think the black goes with the style of my car (dark grey with black wheels and trim) and the red of the writing goes with the red detailing inside like the strip on the dash above the piano black bit, steering wheel, gewrknob and handbrake handle and gaiters stitching which is red etc but part of me is like not only is it not a VXR but it wouldn't go with the SRi anyway and the other part of me is saying it's no different from putting OPC will plates on a Opel Corsa because although VXR and OPC are a spec of Corsa they are also styling ranges, its not like putting say Limited Edition or GSi badged ones on.

Opinions?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
They look great Hendry! I really like them and would have bought them for Dafny had I spotted them. The black would have gone better with her colour scheme than the genuine polished alloy ones I got. Not that I'm unhappy with mine but definately prefer the black ones. I'm tempted to etch prime and spray mine black.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I like them I was very very tempted to get them my self and I agree with what you say about vxr and opc, go for it

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
85 Posts
:D I have these on my lime green LE they look brill and match everything nicely I thought the same as you go for it :D

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reddaz said:
I know mate, these are the ones I originally linked to, but I was just pointing out £36.49 is a good price because another dealer is selling 1 for £145.

Pmarsh - did you buy from the same seller on eBay? And do they come with fitting instructions?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yes bought from A stone no fitting instructions but very simple to fit decide were you want them make sure area clean peel of backing tape and stick on very simple 5min job :D

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pmarsh said:
Yes bought from A stone no fitting instructions but very simple to fit decide were you want them make sure area clean peel of backing tape and stick on very simple 5min job :D
Yeah but I'm very anal about these things, I'd want them exactly where they are when factory fitted. Don't suppose you got a part number on the packaging?

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is a bit odd, after mailing Aston Vauxhall who are selling the pair at £36.49 they tell me the part number is 9269901, however Pentagon who are selling 1 at £145 say the part number is 9269908 but yet both look like identical parts, I'm awaiting Aston confirming what 926998 actually is and what the difference is in seemingly identical parts to cause the huge price difference before I order them.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
anthony said:
seems a huge price difference if they look the same I'd go for the £36.49 ones
If the 9269901 number is correct for the Corsa (they do the same sill trims for the Astra H VXRacing edition) then it seems that they can be had for about £15 per side from any Vauxhall dealer parts dept, so once Aston have confirmed what part number 9269908 relates to I'll probably just do that.

·
Registered
85 Posts
As far as I can see they are the same they are genuine vauxhall pentagon are also selling vxr nurburgring edition pairs well over two hundred quid so maybe someone at pentagon has made a mistake anyway I am more than happy with mine

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A wee update to this, Aston Vauxhall got back to me today, they have checked their stock and the VXRacing sill trims with part number 9269908 (the ones Pentagon Vauxhall have on eBay for £145) look identical to the 9269901 ones (the ones they sell for £36.49 a pair delivered) he can't understand why the price difference as the parts look identical other than a different part number on the packaging he says from comparing them.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts