Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
LOL, it depends who you ask. I personally think the stock system is naff. I aim to replace intellilink and all speakers with an Alpine head unit and infinity speakers when I can afford it. I guess I'm spoilt because previous vehicles have all had decent stereos fitted so that is what I'm used to.

Stock speakers are dull, poor clarity and don't provide accurate or distortion free base.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I'm using for streaming and DAB my own personal opinion I think it is great does every thing I need it too,my only bugbear is that like most things in life it's more geared towards iPhone. I use android which is ok but no voice recognition

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
anthony said:
I'm using for streaming and DAB my own personal opinion I think it is great does every thing I need it too,my only bugbear is that like most things in life it's more geared towards iPhone. I use android which is ok but no voice recognition
It is probably fine for most people. However I like my rock music/heavy metal and even classical and I have it on quite loud so I can hear it on the motorway. My last truck had four infinity kappa 6x9 speakers in custom made boxes along with mid range and tweeters in the dash fed from an Alpine head unit and amp. In comparison the stock corsa sound system is not so great - I did say I'd been spoilt ;-) ;-)

·
Registered
961 Posts
I find the sound quality OK, one thing I've noticed though is if you connect your phone via Bluetooth and then play music from your phone via Bluetooth its very quiet, whereas the radio is quite loud at vol 10, when listening to phone/iPod music via bluetooth its almost inaudible and you've got to have it at at least vol 20 just to hear it, to hear it clearly at least 25, and that's with an iPhone 6, not sure if that's a fault with my particular CSR/Bluetooth/intellilink or audio system or if that's just how it is.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hi Hendry, iPhones require a (USB connection) to play music and other Apps. Bluetooth connection is only used for Phone Calls & Siri. However I have also noted this low volume from my iPhone 5s - but as I normally only use the Radio it is not a problem for me. Be interesting to find out what others have to say.

Derek

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Normally with Bluetooth streaming you need to adjust the volume on the phone too. So if you have the car volume set to say 20 and radio is loud but bt is low...then turn volume up on phone.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I would say the stock system was quite good.

It's not going to compete with a half decent branded set up but it is good for a stock system.

Also with Bluetooth on android you need to turn the volume up via the phone then use the volume in the car.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The volume does tend to be a bit lower when playing music from a phone via Bluetooth (have tried it with 2 different phones so far). Other thank that the sound quality is pretty standard for a stock car although I plan on upgrading it soon.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have been thinking about upgrading the speakers too.

Without changing the head unit, as I feel the IntelliLink is adequate, what set up would you think is appropriate? Preferably without having to add a sub. I do like deep bass and know that a sub would resolve rhis, but would be aiming to get as much from the speakers alone.

Ideas??

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Once it has stopped raining and the weather had warmed up a bit I'll have a go at removing the door cards to see what I can fit in terms of infinity speakers. I think I'll try the speakers first and then work up from there. You never know it may improve things signficantly. Stock speakers are never the best. I've not had a single vehicle where I've kept the stock speakers (and that is over 30 personally owned vehicles!)

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Joeboy, I'm not a fan of sub as you end up with lots of bass but the rest of the music is overpowered. Having four 6x9's kappa's gave me crisp accurate bass, enough to punch your in the stomach, while complementing the rest of the music. In my last vehicle I liked the overall sound the system made so will want to recreate that again. It worked well on anything from ABBA, Motorhead or InXs to Tchaikovsky's 1812 overture :)

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I should add though that we are all different and on top of listening to different music we each hear sound in different ways. I'm partially deaf after working for years on an engineering shop floor with dozens of lathes and mills running. So I would hear completely different sound and feel sound in a different way to others. There is no single solution that satisfies everybody hence the reason some people will be very happy with their stock system and others will find it lacking.

·
Registered
203 Posts
mud4fun said:
Once it has stopped raining and the weather had warmed up a bit I'll have a go at removing the door cards to see what I can fit in terms of infinity speakers. I think I'll try the speakers first and then work up from there. You never know it may improve things signficantly. Stock speakers are never the best. I've not had a single vehicle where I've kept the stock speakers (and that is over 30 personally owned vehicles!)
mud4fun, had a chance to get the old speakers out yet?

I'm still intrigued to know what'll fit and what would be suitable as I'm not that satisfied with the stock ones. As soon as you go beyond 40 on the volume it kind of starts to just become a rubbish crackle of noise. Haha.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.