Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys, this may seem dumb, and i might be missing something obvious, but what on earth is that grill for on top of the dashboard? i mean the one right on top in the centre. on some models the alarm led is located there too. i cant fathom what its for, and everything must have a purpose. cant find anything in the manual and i've read most of it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Screen demister?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
having never seen a car with a windscreen heater, and not being able to figure out what this damn thing was i thought maybe its a separate heater. well with the sun today i saw the fine wires in the windscreen for the windscreen heater so its not that. not sure about a pollen filter either. why the holes?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this is just a pic from the net of a LHD opel. its on top, to the right of the instrument console. this model has the front camera too, which is that little box on top of the 'object'

·
Registered
95 Posts
Off topic .. but how come the LHD models have that little storage hole underneath the light switches and also the black surround around the gear lever looks mint !!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im pretty certain that like some french cars we are victims of cost cutting. i think just behind that is the fuse box. their glove box is full size. GM just doesnt swap the fusebox over to the right so we end up with half a glove box and no cubby hole. any one from europe who can confirm as im assuming from what i have seen from peugeot.

·
Registered
203 Posts
marcopolomt said:
ok guys, this may seem dumb, and i might be missing something obvious, but what on earth is that grill for on top of the dashboard? i mean the one right on top in the centre. on some models the alarm led is located there too. i cant fathom what its for, and everything must have a purpose. cant find anything in the manual and i've read most of it.
I was thinking this the other day too. I was cleaning inside my car and when I was cleaning the inside of the windscreen a bit of the spray I used went onto it and kind of dripped down....so I started to wonder what the vent was for......

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
D3RV15H said:
If it is a speaker, how would it get changed it wanting to upgrade though....?
try going into the radio setting and change all sound to the front and see what happens, I would but the wife is out in the car

·
Registered
51 Posts
I also believe its the centre speaker and access to the rear of the intellink system like the D

video shows accessing the centre vent of a D

·
Registered
356 Posts
marcopolomt said:
anthony said:
I thought It was a speaker
2 on the back doors, 2 on the lower front doors, 2 tweeters on the door latches. thats all 6!
If you get the infinity system on the Adam there is a speaker under the grill.

There is space for one as I have had mine off. Could not find any wires for it tho.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cypherix said:
I also believe its the centre speaker and access to the rear of the intellink system like the D

video shows accessing the centre vent of a D
ok. speaker looks likely, but that makes 7 speakers

·
Registered
203 Posts
So I checked out that video and in the Corsa D it most definitely is a speaker. Now, seeing as the D and E do have many similar features I'm thinking that it could also be a speaker. But as there are 6 speakers in the car as marcopolomt mentioned, then I'm thinking this one other speaker may be to do with the Bluetooth/Siri features?? Like when you hold down the phone button to call someone by saying their name?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
D3RV15H said:
So I checked out that video and in the Corsa D it most definitely is a speaker. Now, seeing as the D and E do have many similar features I'm thinking that it could also be a speaker. But as there are 6 speakers in the car as marcopolomt mentioned, then I'm thinking this one other speaker may be to do with the Bluetooth/Siri features?? Like when you hold down the phone button to call someone by saying their name?
sounds plausible. handsfree speaker and mic.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts