Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
marcopolomt said:
Cypherix said:
Arnt the 2 mics in the roof next to the interior passanger lights?
i thought they were alarm sensors. i have similar in my c8
Corsa E doesn't have an alarm, although on other Vauxhalls the alarm sensors are up by the interior lights.

Not sure if its a speaker or not on top of the dash, I thought it was a grip mat type thing for suctioning objects onto like sat nav mounts (if you don't want the suction mount on the window) but it could be, I remember when I had my Astra H, the base models had 4 speakers, higher spec ones had 6 speakers and then if you specced the optional CDC40 head unit part of the stereo upgrade was a premium speaker pack which was basically higher power, crisper better clarity speakers and part of the speaker upgrade was a centre dash mounted speaker giving you the 7 speakers, not sure if its the same on the E.

·
Registered
223 Posts
anthony said:
I thought It was a speaker
No it isn't a speaker. My corsa has 6 speakers 2 in each front door and 1 in each back door. I have been wondering what this is for too. Maybe it is to do with air circulation or something. Would be great to get an official answer!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
The answer is that it is nothing (well on an LE at least) as I removed the grill and found this:

Automotive tire Hood Rim Automotive wheel system Gas

The grill itself actually only has holes through it just above the circular hole at the front of this picture. The rest of the grill is solid. I can only suspect that the circular recess is to house a speaker on some models (maybe some form of sound system upgrade?

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Thanks for the update, housing for a speaker upgrade sounds plausible. Maybe there is a speaker there on the SE or VXR.

·
Registered
223 Posts
gkmorris said:
Reddaz said:
Delboy_Lee said:
Yes, be interesting to know what they planned to use it for ??
In the Adam it is used as a speaker.
That's because the Adam doesn't have room anywhere else for it lol
lol. My point is that it is probably meant for a speaker upgrade in the Corsa. Might be a speaker in the SE or VXR i wouldn't know.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts