Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hahahaha! I like it! I enquired today about upgrading the head unit and sticking a little sub in the boot and it'll cost around £700-£800. I said to the Mrs my budget would be £500. So now I don't know whether to wait, or just lie and say it was £500! Lol. Probably wise to wait if I don't want to have a years argument :lol:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I enquired at pentagon today about upgrading the sound system to maybe the infinity system but she told me they dont do a sound system upgrade and the infinitety system isnt available for the E hmmm

·
Registered
51 Posts
I enquired a little further to why there was the fixings for a audio upgrade if there isnt one and this was the reply I got.

"The grille in the dash is there for a few reasons, it has wiring in there to enable the use of a light or for automatic lighting etc., it can also have a Bluetooth speaker in there or it can be left empty. The reason for this is all the dashes are made to a standard pattern.

Kind regards
Leah Downing

Service Consultant

·
Registered
961 Posts
Ive just had a look at this on my car and noticed it has a pointless "curve" or bend in the top of it, has anyone else noticed it's also a very poor fit, some parts are recessed Into the dash, others are flush and other edges are slightly raised, to the point I had to check if it wasn't clipped in properly at some of the sides/edges.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
hendry said:
Ive just had a look at this on my car and noticed it has a pointless "curve" or bend in the top of it, has anyone else noticed it's also a very poor fit, some parts are recessed Into the dash, others are flush and other edges are slightly raised, to the point I had to check if it wasn't clipped in properly at some of the sides/edges.
Mine fits perfectly :?

·
Registered
961 Posts
mud4fun said:
Mine fits perfectly even after I removed it for the photos and put it back in. :)
Was it easy to remove? If so I may attempt to remove it and refit it to see if it makes a difference, don't want to damage the dash levering it out or break any of the clips removing it.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Yes dead easy, I didn't use tools, just my fingers. The dash covering is really soft so you can squish it down and pull it slightly away from the side of the grill then pull the grill up with your fingers. Work your way around so it comes up level.

·
Registered
961 Posts
This was a pain to remove, could hear a tearing sound as it came out and thought it was ripping the dash, luckily it was just the clips which are much bigger than the holes in the dash pulling through, anyway it made no difference, it clips in fully and secures down and doesn't stick up, the issue seems to be that the grille itself isn't flat, if you look at th edges the front dips down, and due to the angle of the dash the edges of th grille aren't straight, they curve/angle to match the shape of th dash, only its been poorly done so the lowest point of the curve of the grille looks flush with the dash and the most curved part sits slightly up.

What I do want to know is, if you press down on the bottom left corner of the grille or the middle right edge (closest to the speedo binnacle) although the grille is securely in place, can you press these edges further down with you fingers and when you take your fingers away it goes back to its original position, (I'm talking very slightly, not a huge amount of play, but it's like those edges move when pressed and spring back when you let them go.)

And, the circle shaped bit in the rear of the grille, when I took it off it looked like it was a sensor (actually looked like either the outside temperature sensor mounted in the lower bumper grille or the bulb holder for the front fog light) but wasn't plugged in and no wiring hanging loose/spare that could be plugged into it. So what is it for and what the hell is the point in having a sensor that does nothing/isn't wired up.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I haven't really noticed that issue with mine but maybe you are just harder to please than me ;-)

The fact that no sensor or speaker is fitted on our cars doesn't mean it is pointless. The Corsa is sold worldwide and it makes perfect sense to simply use the same dash mouldings etc for all cars regardless of whether they are fitted with the alarm, onecall speaker, smoke detector or whatever else that VX/Opel may fit there in other trim levels or countries.

Remember also that this Corsa will have a 5 year lifespan and Opel may have already planned and designed upgrades to be released in stages over the next few years to keep interest in the model, the grill may well be for an accessory or feature yet to be released?

·
Registered
961 Posts
mud4fun said:
I haven't really noticed that issue with mine but maybe you are just harder to please than me ;-)

The fact that no sensor or speaker is fitted on our cars doesn't mean it is pointless. The Corsa is sold worldwide and it makes perfect sense to simply use the same dash mouldings etc for all cars regardless of whether they are fitted with the alarm, onecall speaker, smoke detector or whatever else that VX/Opel may fit there in other trim levels or countries.

Remember also that this Corsa will have a 5 year lifespan and Opel may have already planned and designed upgrades to be released in stages over the next few years to keep interest in the model, the grill may well be for an accessory or feature yet to be released?
I understand what you mean, all I'm saying is fitting a sensor that does nothing in these cars is pointless, they could've just left it as a circular blank (which is what it looks like from the top until you remove the grille and see it's a sensor) it's a bit like how in my old Corsa C it had 2 rear fog lights, both had bulbs in them but Vauxhall hadn't wired up the left side, hence why fit a bulb, either fit both or leave both out.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
It sounds odd but in some cases it works out cheaper for a manufacturer to fit something even if not used rather than have two or more different parts or assemblies to control in the manufacturing process. It isn't new either, I've seen classic cars from the 50's fitted with parts for LHD vehicles but simply disconnected on RHD vehicles.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I found out that the grill is used for anti-theft systems too, the little grey circle on it is where a little led goes to indicate the system is active

41 - 60 of 77 Posts