·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
ChrisB said:
Tonydeane said:
On the same subject, I've noticed from hendry's photo that instead of a small round plug on the grill, mine has a sort of a plastic dome shaped thing...no bulbs in it.
Any ideas what it could be related to?
That's an alarm dome.
Most likely that your trim allows for an alarm, so they just use the same stuff.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Nah, don't think it's got anything to do with alarms, not part of the specs...it's some sort of sensor, will post some pics as I took it apart.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Chris,

Does your car have the electronic climate control option specced, that looks like the air quality/humidity sensor found on Astras and Insignias equipped with climate rather than the manual 3 knobs ventilation system.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yes it comes with cc, that makes sense. I found a part no on the sensor: 13578462
Google search says it's a sensor solar radiation.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Ooh that's interesting..

The Corsa Es that have an alarm fitted from factory have that dome with a red light in it.. I wonder where they'd put the alarm if you have Climate Control...

·
Registered
961 Posts
LimeyUK said:
Ooh that's interesting..

The Corsa Es that have an alarm fitted from factory have that dome with a red light in it.. I wonder where they'd put the alarm if you have Climate Control...
Same place probably, I'm not 100% but fairly sure Insignias - which all have the electronic climate control, even the base models - hence have the radiation sensor have the red led in them for the alarm too.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
hendry said:
LimeyUK said:
Ooh that's interesting..

Same place probably, I'm not 100% but fairly sure Insignias - which all have the electronic climate control, even the base models - hence have the radiation sensor have the red led in them for the alarm too.
Ah cool

·
Registered
3 Posts
The answer is that it is nothing (well on an LE at least) as I removed the grill and found this:

View attachment 526

The grill itself actually only has holes through it just above the circular hole at the front of this picture. The rest of the grill is solid. I can only suspect that the circular recess is to house a speaker on some models (maybe some form of sound system upgrade?
How did you remove this my friend?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello mate, correct me if I’m wrong but from what I’ve read I’m pretty sure it is one of your blower fans for your air con, it is mainly used to demist your windshield. The lines on the windshield itself are part of your winter pack. They will defrost the windshield when obviously there is ice on there. I’m not certain if they work automatically when the car is on or if you have to put the air con on so that could be worth looking into but again correct me if I’m wrong. Hope this helps

61 - 77 of 77 Posts