Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to fit my speakers from my old car into my new corsa. But I was wondering, before ripping off my door panels, drilling bits into the parcel shelf and taking the car apart if anyone has done anything similar yet to theirs and could give us some instructions or anything to look out for. cheers.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I haven't got my car yet but speakers will probably on the list of upgrades depending how bad the stock ones are. I enjoy a wide range of music from rock to classical and opera so the stock speakers are normally not upto it. I replaced the speakers in my Mazda pickup with Infinity Kappa's within a week of buying it.

Mind you the biggest problem is normally the naff mounting and housing in the door cards. I built my own high density cards for my land rover and the sound is great.

What speakers do you have?

I will be interested to see how you get on so please keep us updated (with pics too) of what you do. :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm the exact same, I found the stock speakers to be okay, but not exactly the best sounding, especially with more bassier sounding tunes.
I've got a set of vibe slicks that I used to have in my corsa C.
I've already found that the parcel shelf is a bit too small to just cut holes in it and pop on the speakers so I'l probably build some housing to screw in on the top of it. Last time I just bought some adapters for the housing on the door cards off of Halfrauds and they worked fine.

Hopefully Ill get round to it within the month and some pics will be up ;) haha

What speakers are you looking to install?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I will probably go with infinity again. I have Kappa 6x9 2 and 3 ways in my pickup and land rover. Mounted on a custom made composite mount (3/4" ply and MDF) they sound good and suit my musical tastes. Not sure what size the door speakers are in the Corsa though?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are decent wee speakers, but they're just.. Stock haha I cant resist adding a mod here and there without my car getting chavy.
I have a feeling that they will actually be similar to the D speakers. I noticed my wind deflectors were for D's and the lights I bought for it. May just wait until stores actually come out with housings and stuff specifically for the E

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.