Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I bought my sting R straight from the dealer without placing the order, my car didn't come with the spoiler and I was interested in adding it onto the car, vaux sell it for £358 which is abit expensive, but I had a though would the corsa d vxr spoiler be the same fitment as the e?

·
Registered
961 Posts
anthony said:
hi and welcome to the forums, there is a post somewhere about a rear spoiler from a Corsa D which is a lot cheaper than the genuine VX one
I believe the basic jist of the post you are referring to is that the genuine Vauxhall spoiler for the D, ie the one fitted in the factory to D LE and SRi models is the same part as the one the OP mentions that Vauxhall sell for the E at £358 and again is the same as the one factory fitted to E LE and SRi VX-Line models, so if you search for a Corsa D genuine Vauxhall spoiler you will get the exact part for the E but at a fraction of the cost as the sellers of them don't seem to be aware its the same part.

Vauxhall Accessories sell the one for the E at £215 and as you can see the part number is 93199444
http://www.vauxhall-accessories.com/vxr-rear-roof-spoiler-3dr

This eBay link is to one for a Corsa D but as you can see in the listing the part number given is the same as the E one (they can be had new a lot cheaper than this but used this example to show the part number is the same)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-VAUXHALL-CORSA-D-VXR-STYLING-REAR-ROOF-SPOILER-FITS-3-DR-NEW-/271558031557?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f3a1eb8c5

The thing you have to bear in mind is yes £358 is a lot for a spoiler when you can get an identical one on eBay for £80/90 but the £358 includes painting at a Vauxhall dealership bodyshop, fitting and all the stiff needed to fit it like glue and bonding kits, also the paintwork on it will have a guarantee and if the paint and finish deteriorate s because of the poor figment of the spoiler, if its done by an independent Vauxhall will tell you to FRO, if a dealer does it its then classes as a dealer fit accessory and you've got a comeback/peace of mind and a better chance of matching paint finish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.