Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

My clutch seems to be squeaky when lifting the pedal back up to its original position and its more noticeable during hot weather. Anybody have a similar problem? is it a potential fault that the clutch may be on its way out?

Corsa E Limted edition 1.4 2016 (66) plate

·
Super Moderator
251 Posts
when lifting the pedal back up to its original position
When you say "lifting" are you physically lifting it because it is sticking?

·
Registered
206 Posts
its not uncommon my diesel (D) also does this and has for years, I am no expert, but I just give the pedal a quick squirt of silicone spray every so often, I think the mechanism just gets a bit dry?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When you say "lifting" are you physically lifting it because it is sticking?

Hi thanks for the reply. its mainly when i lift my foot up after changing gears after depressing the clutch. The clutch is working as normal but the creaking/Squeeky Sounds like potentially rubbing parts that swell up when its hot outside as that when its noisiest. Ganna have a look through these posts you suggested!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its not uncommon my diesel (D) also does this and has for years, I am no expert, but I just give the pedal a quick squirt of silicone spray every so often, I think the mechanism just gets a bit dry?
You could be right i'm ganna look at getting some silicone spray then, im not sure exactly where to spray though but im sure ill figure it out haha!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts