Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
How slow were you expecting the 1.2 to be? It is a fairly slow engine after all! :lol:

May i ask why you went for the 1.2? Insurance reasons? Its a shame if so, because the 1.2 is so uneconomical compared to the others and you get stung with the tax.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LimeyUK said:
How slow were you expecting the 1.2 to be? It is a fairly slow engine after all! :lol:

May i ask why you went for the 1.2? Insurance reasons? Its a shame if so, because the 1.2 is so uneconomical compared to the others and you get stung with the tax.
1) I only do short journeys to work probably a mile.

2)1.0t was £1000 more on insurance as this is my first car after only passing 3 months ago.

3) it's fast enough for me, if you change gears at the right point it picks up speed quickly also.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Tempa said:
LimeyUK said:

2)1.0t was £1000 more on insurance as this is my first car after only passing 3 months ago.

3) it's fast enough for me, if you change gears at the right point it picks up speed quickly also.
So it was insurance, that's a shame.

Journeys as short as a mile are not good for any car, you'll probably notice that you get poor MPG, even for the 1.2. Will be interesting to see what MPG you manage to get on a normal weeks commuting.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
If I lived less than a mile to my work place I would walk, especially where I live on the edge if town. Most days it would be quicker to walk anyway, lol! The new 1.2 engine is better than the old one. I test drove the new 1.2 for the feel of the comfort suspension as it was the only car they had - the others had sports suspension bring an LE and SRi VX line. Before my current Ibiza I owned a 58plate Corsa D.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
LeachiE said:
If I lived less than a mile to my work place I would walk, especially where I live on the edge if town. Most days it would be quicker to walk anyway, lol! The new 1.2 engine is better than the old one. I test drove the new 1.2 for the feel of the comfort suspension as it was the only car they had - the others had sports suspension bring an LE and SRi VX line. Before my current Ibiza I owned a 58plate Corsa D.
There is no 'new' 1.2. It's the same engine as the one that was in the D. As engines go, it is quite bad, but when you have no choice due to insurance, then obviously you're out of luck!

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Tempa said:
LimeyUK said:

Sounds perfect.

·
Registered
961 Posts
LimeyUK said:

Agreed, this is why I bought the 1.4 n/a, very little extra cost to buy over the 1.2, insurance was pennies of a difference between the 2 engines and tax £30 as opposed to £110 for the 1.2, better mpg and enough of an increase in power to make it bearable compared to the 1.2. However that said the 1.2 SE 5 door courtesy car I had was actually OK, not as bad as I was expecting and certainly nowhere near as bad as the 1.2 Ds are.

Love the colour of this car though :)

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
The 1.2D was the reason I wanted something with a bit more go in her! So I got the Ibiza with the 1.2tsi engine. I always wanted a VX with the heated steering wheel (my D didn't have it), so now they have the new turbo engines in I'm finally getting my Corsa again now it is a better package - the heated front screen is a bonus too!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts