Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It would seem our forum is getting popular enough to attract spammers.

I have deleted a post this morning which to me smelt very strongly of spam. I have also issued a warning to the user. I apologise now if the intention was not to spam but for a first post by a new user to be written badly and direct readers to a Chinese website made me suspicious.

If you spot any more can you let me or Anthony know and we can delete them.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
D3RV15H said:
Off topic, mud4fun, how does your fuelly thing work? I've noticed it changing, which I guess portrays a realistic figure for your mpg?
Yes, the fuelly badge shows the average ACTUAL mpg of Dafny. It is more accurate than the trip computer. I think it shows the average over all fuel ups on the badge but in fuelly itself I can see my running average over last 10 fuel ups.

If you click the badge you should see some stats on Dafny in addition to all her fuel ups. If you are not registered it will probably default to US mpg so you need to change that to UK (or register) in the drop down. You can expand the notes against each fuel up to see extra info that I type in.

If you go into my fuelly profile you should be able to view my garage and see my other vehicles. Dafny us my most economical vehicle by far! :)

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, I have that option enabled on my blog but it is manageable there because low volume. Not really workable on a forum. Spam not a great issue at moment so we're fine for now. If it gets bad we'll have to see what Rob can advise.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've banned two users in two days for spamming, as well as deleting their posts. Sorry if there was a delay in doing it but I've been stuck in a flipping training course most of the week so am not getting on as often as normal. I don't know if Anthony has deleted any too but it looks like the same user constantly re-registering under new names. I will ban and remove them as soon as I see them. I may need to ask Rob to implement some anti-spam measures.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If it continues I will ask Rob to look into something. Not sure we want to force moderation of first posts because we would need stacks more mods just to validate all the first posts. IP blocking may work. I'm certain it was same user and especially as it seemed to be same time of day.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Whoever is catching them now is doing a good job, I've only seen one of the spam posts, and I'm online quite regularly!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Lol, they tend to spam during the very early hours of the morning. I just happen to log in at 7am and spotted them, deleted a few now and banned a couple of users. Now gone quiet again :)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.