Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, am looking for some advice, want a full size 16inch spare wheel and on ebay there are lots for the corsa d model, will this fit my e model, thanks

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
probably obvious but they come in 4 and 5 stud versions. full size wheels, even one size down may not fit without changing the boot carpet.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
When looking for spare wheels, forget what make the car is. Just know your size, and studs on your car and the profile of your tyres.

If all those match, you're sorted - you could put any wheel on any car that will take it. Saying 'I found one for Corsa D' is almost pointless as it will fit more than a Corsa D.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
LimeyUK said:
When looking for spare wheels, forget what make the car is. Just know your size, and studs on your car and the profile of your tyres.

If all those match, you're sorted - you could put any wheel on any car that will take it. Saying 'I found one for Corsa D' is almost pointless as it will fit more than a Corsa D.
Not quite that simple Limey! Even though a wheel may have four stud holes they may be on a different PCD. Also different wheels have different offsets/insets which can cause the tyre to rub the wheelarch if they are too different from stock.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I got a genuine vx rim and tyre for £60 from tyreleader.co.uk. Came from Germany in a couple of days. All I had to do was get it fitted. Quoted £15 for fitting but garage did it for nothing in the end as I use them a lot. If you use them the bank may ring to check the transaction as the money goes to Germany not the uk. They may think is fraud

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
mud4fun said:
LimeyUK said:

Not quite that simple Limey! Even though a wheel may have four stud holes they may be on a different PCD. Also different wheels have different offsets/insets which can cause the tyre to rub the wheelarch if they are too different from stock.
Well true - though i got a generic 16" 4 stud Steel from ebay and it fits perfectly. £130 for the Wheel, tyre and the Jack etc.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LimeyUK said:
mud4fun said:
LimeyUK said:

Well true - though i got a generic 16" 4 stud Steel from ebay and it fits perfectly. £130 for the Wheel, tyre and the Jack etc.
Hi that must be the same as i have seen on ebay, i also have found a company that sell the steel wheel, that they say is for a corsa e, it's 6j x16
4x100 pcd offset 40 central bore 56.6, anyone know if that's correct ?.
I am having trouble finding out. Thanks

·
Registered
454 Posts
I went for the 15" rim with larger tyre and the rim is a 6J15 so a 6J16 would be right for the 16" rim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts