Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone heard anything about a steering rack recall for the E?

I took my car in for a list of faults to the dealer this morning and as they had no courtesy cars (I booked one over a week ago but the other customer who had it couldn't return it until this afternoon) one of their drivers ran me home. Chatting away and he asked what car I had, when I said new shape Corsa E, his first words were "in for a new steering rack on recall is it?" I said no and that I'd never heard of it or had any communication, also asked if he was maybe referring to the Corsa D which had a recall last year, he said no that was just replacing a knuckle on them, the recall for the new Corsa is a complete new rack, we have a parts department full of them and a backlog of ones to do, he said it would maybe only affect certain cars and maybe mines wasn't affected hence why I hasn't heard anything, but with the E being so new you'd imagine if there was such a recall it would be ever E produced so far, anyway I called Vauxhall Customer Carr to ensure who knew nothing about a recall at all, but clearly the guy isnt making it up either, so not sure what's going on, anyone heard anything?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Not heard anything about this. Mines in on the 10th for a anti-roll bar link, so will soon find out.

I would have thought it would be all over the news if there was a major recall.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I've not heard anything either. Mine will be going in for its first service in a month or so, so maybe I'll find out then. Not particularly keen on them doing anything to my car as it is all working fine at the moment!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Been checking a few things before the first service and found this recall is for a small build window

Attachments

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I have not heard anything, but it looks from that list that mine isn't affected. I have been checking the GM recalls website daily waiting for the software update for Intellilink to show but I have had no recalls showing up so far. Here's a link for anyone else who wants to keep an eye on things, although when you search for your vehicle via any means other than the VIN Vauxhall does not appear on the drop down menu. https://my.gm.com/recalls

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I asked when I booked my car in for it's first service next month, they checked and no recall on my March 2015 1.4T LE

1 - 7 of 7 Posts