Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe this Sting (not Sting R) cannot be bought with the 1.0T any more. Shame as this is a brilliant engine. Just passed 13000 miles. Down side the first oil change was indicated at 12500 miles. Dealership had to order the 1.0T oil filter as none in stock. True average MPG (brim to brim) 46.5 MPG. First Vauxhall good choice.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hi Quakerfarm, always good to read that you are enjoying your purchase.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Hi and welcome. It has been discussed before and I have never had a car with oil life indicator before. The service interval is 1 year or 20k miles. I wonder what happens if you just ignore the warning until the interval arrives? At almost £100 a gallon synthetic oil should go the whole distance.
I have a service plan and I wonder if it would cover an early service called for by the indicator?
Also for people who like to change their own oil and filter, how is the oil life indicator reset? Is it a laptop job?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Jarviser said:
how is the oil life indicator reset? Is it a laptop job?
Same way you reset the trip. The button on the end of the indicator.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
What happens if you ignore it and keep resetting it until the first service? Would the oil need topping up or is the percentage meaning life rather than quantity? I've never had oil life indicators on mine either. I haven't even got an oil temp reading on the Ibiza.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
If you ignore it, you'll degrade your engine substantially. You will shorten it's life unnecessarily, as the engine will not be lubricated sufficiently.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts