Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
There is a section in the manual that explains this. If you have a high electrical load on the alternator such as heated windows and mirrors it will not allow s/s to function otherwise it could run risk of flattening battery.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Today coming home from work, I put the air con on high due to the lovely weather. I approached traffic lights which were on red. I put the car into neutral and the car stopped while the air con was on, it did slow the blower down and once started again turned itself back up. I do have climate control so the dials are digital. Just thought I would share my experience.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Stop/start in my current car (Ibiza) is the same - If you are waiting a while at the lights it makes you jump when it starts up again all on it's own! :lol:

·
Registered
126 Posts
LeachiE said:
Stop/start in my current car (Ibiza) is the same - If you are waiting a while at the lights it makes you jump when it starts up again all on it's own! :lol:
Lol mine did that to me this morning wandered what was happening for a few seconds

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
The thing I don't understand is why the engine restarts when you open the door?? I pull into a services car park to stop for a cigarette, engine automatically stops as I pull into a space which is great but then restarts as I open the door to have my ***?

·
Registered
203 Posts
mud4fun said:
The thing I don't understand is why the engine restarts when you open the door?? I pull into a services car park to stop for a cigarette, engine automatically stops as I pull into a space which is great but then restarts as I open the door to have my ***?
Yea, I've noticed this too. It's quite annoying. Opening the door has nothing to do with the engine? Probably a safety feature somehow.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
The only thing I can think of is that it is done to remind you that the engine is still actually 'enabled' so you don't get out of the car and walk off thinking you've turned it off?

It is annoying. It also does it when my wife and kids are in the car and I pull up outside the local shop where the engine stops correctly but I get out to run into shop to buy some **** and the blasted engine starts again! It means I have to take the key out of the ignition even though my wife is sat there or leave the engine running.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I haven't noticed that in mine, but I'll give it a try when I get to work on Friday and see what it does! I do like the stop/start and hill start assist - the latter, especially, takes a lot of thinking about when you get into a courtesy car that doesn't have that function!

·
Registered
40 Posts
It`s normal in almost all the models with star/stop! If the engine stop but the key is still their, it will put the engine back to work! To let you know that you didn`t shutdown the car!
My Dad Chevrolet Cruze SW does the same, and when i did the test drive the dealer show that to me!

·
Registered
36 Posts
guys, how do you trigger the start stop? I picked mine up yesterday but the dealers didnt leave the owners manual in the car, catalog of errors last night and i was in a rush to leave so had to skip the tour

Is it in neutral,foot of the clutch?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hmmm not looking hopeful for my start stop then, made sure it was on (guessing the light being on means it on too), waited till the engine was warm, in neutral, foot of clutch and even handbrake on

Nothing

Tried pushing the eco button so the light was off to see if that made any difference, nope

Another thing to add to my list and complaint sent to Vauxhall

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Do all trim levels have stoo/start or is it just the ones wuth turbo engines? I ask, because my Ibiza is a 1.2tsi snd has stop/start, but I don't think the n/a engines have it. Just now I remembered to open the drivers door while stop/start was functioning and it made the alarm sound that warns when keys are still in the ignition but a message flashed up in the screen to tell me ignition was still on as well. It didn't restart on it's own though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.