Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
This question may sound very strange, I have a 2015, 5 door 1.3 diesel SE model, when turning into a side road or taking foot off accelerator I still have acceleration then suddenly acceleration dies down. I think there must be a fault with it, but was told that the little bit of acceleration was normal for a diesel. before I reveal who said it was normal, has any other owner experienced this.
Thank you for reading this question.
Victor.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Diesels do have some acceleration when the revs are low - unlike petrols which, for the most part, will stall if too low.

You may need to clarify exactly what you mean if this isn't down the right track.

I think there's only a couple of other diesel drivers on here, hopefully they see this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi LimeyUK.
It's strange to explain, even on a straight piece of road, taking foot off accelerator the power is still there (not all the time) unless I touch pedal then the revs drop. Another example turning into a side road and car is still accelerating foot not on accelerator.
Thanks.
Victor.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Victor said:
Hi LimeyUK.
It's strange to explain, even on a straight piece of road, taking foot off accelerator the power is still there (not all the time) unless I touch pedal then the revs drop. Another example turning into a side road and car is still accelerating foot not on accelerator.
Thanks.
Victor.
Could it be that you are in a too high a gear for the speed you are going?

I'm just trying to rule out scenarios here.

·
Registered
227 Posts
It happens with turbo diesels and large petrols, most of the time at low rpm.
If you're doing say 5mph on 1st gear with the engine at 1000rpm, changing to 2nd gear without touching the accelerator the revs will drop for a moment, but will build up again as the engine want to stay at the minimum idle speed (900ish rpm). During this period the car will accelerate due to its torque, being a diesel - a similar sized petrol engine would most probably stall.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi.
Thank you for your replies, if I may, leave this open for now, and see when acceleration happens a what speed and what gears I'm in, in the next few day's.
Thanks.
Victor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts