Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So firstly my phone will no longer connect to usb. I've unplugged from car then plugged back in and nothing. The odd time it will work probably 1 out of 20 times. Also when any audio is playing at low volumes I hear a really annoying constant beeping noise when I mute the audio all together it stops so I know it's deffo coming from the speakers. Now I don't normally have the audio lower than 15 and when it's at that level it drowns out the beeping but that's not the point it shouldn't be doing it! Anyone else experienced any of this?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so just unplugged the usb cable and the beeping noise stopped so I think my usb connection is buggered as nothing is connecting and it's making a weird buzzing noise when connected! Weird!

·
Registered
74 Posts
LOL The USB don't like cables connecting to phones..........it only likes USB sticks. :lol:

I gave up connecting phone with the USB lead lol.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
If you're connecting with an Android phone, I remember hearing the high pitch beep as well, though it went after a while.

The USB connection works fine with iPhones, android works better via Bluetooth. Not had a problem when connecting my iPhone.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
skywhite said:
LOL The USB don't like cables connecting to phones..........it only likes USB sticks. :lol:

I gave up connecting phone with the USB lead lol.
You need to get a better phone! ;-)

My family all use USB cable to connect their phones to the car and all work perfectly, that is two Nokia windows phone, an iphone 5 and a Samsung galaxy.

You need to use a good quality cable too. I use a heavy duty Nokia cable that I got with one of the phones.

The only troubles we've had were having to put password into phone before connecting and plugging cable into phone before connecting to car. If you leave cable plugged into car and then just connect phone you get inconsistent results. Just a matter of getting used to it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts