Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I was wondering if anyone as attempted to fit a sub in their Corsa E. I have a sting and I am trying to find out if the head unit has a sub output or am I going to have to run it through the speakers.

Cheers CammyW

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ive fitted one :D

Its very very easy. No need to even touch the stereo one bit guys.

Firstly obvs run the live to the battery. I followed a Corsa D guide on where the run the wire through and theres a rubber bung behind the scuttle panel that you can push the Live wire through. I'd highly advise to start from the engine bay to the sub, because where this rubber bung is...its extremely hard to push the wire through from inside the car.

Anyway the Earth goes to the Rear Seat Mount where it attaches to the car body and obvs key the area up before wedging the earth between the bracket and car body.

The Remote Wire goes to your 12V Socket...As Vauxhalls turns off when you turn the car off un-like Ford's do. Now this I ran under the carpet and down the centre console past the handbrake etc and its very easy to unclip the panel holding the 12v socket, USB & AUX etc and simply wedge it into the LIVE of the 12V connector.

Now your sub has the power and also able to switch on and off.

Now to give it sound I highly recommend removing the Passenger Rear Quarter panel which is very simple, a few clips holding it in place etc.... You dont necessary need to completely remove it, just enough to reveal the speaker that is hidden behind it and lucky enough you can clearly see the wires that go into the speaker.

Now you need a RCA to Bare Wire converter....I used FLI's version which I've had for about 3 years so dont know if they still make them. Anyway wedge the bare wires into the speakers wires entering the speaker itself...ONLY use 1 pair of the wires as there is 4....LEFT & RIGHT, honestly doesnt really matter with a sub.

Now connect your RCA's to the RCA - Bare Wire Converter and now the Sub has sound.
When all wired up make sure your ignition is on so the 12V is working and this will switch the sub on and BOOM the subwoofer should be working perfectly.

This whole process took me about 2-3 hours as I was very cautious not to damage anything and took my time with it all and its a lot easier than it sounds....Trust Me

I would highly recommend the Sub I'm using the Vibe SLICK 12inch Active as its small, but powerful and as you can see in the picture I've painted the Wire Cover Plate Brilliant White to match the Car ;)

Any questions feel free to message me :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
So far Ive only added the Subwoofer. The standard speakers to me are fine for now for what I need. Ive programmed the stereo to let all the speakers JUST do the mid to high....No Bass and the Subwoofer is tuned to do ALL the Bass obviously and sounds epic so the stereo can be much louder without it getting distorted. BUT noticed the boot rattles a tiny bit, not like SAXO's n CORSA B's back in day hahaaa, but I am gonna add some Vibe Anti-Bass 'sound proofing' to prevent this as I want it perfect.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks bud. Any questions from anybody I'm more than happy to answer. If your having problems and are local i might be able to help anybody out for a fee because I can understand, brand new car...You daren't touch it or dont know what your doing etc....

·
Registered
203 Posts
How did you manage to only channel the mid-high range to the speakers and low to the sub?

I only really wanted to upgrade my speakers to avoid the crackling and distortion. If fitting a sub would resolve this by doing what you've done then I might consider it.

I did ideally want to upgrade my system without the use of a sub though as I'll need the boot space.....

·
Registered
68 Posts
From my experience with all my old cars, 6 in total...especially my old recent 2010 Fiesta Zetec S. I found just uprating the speakers made the sound less bassey and not as good as the standard speakers themselves. Thats why with this Corsa I decided 'FOR NOW' to just fit a sub. The only way around the whole uprating speakers is you either buy an Amp to power them OR uprate your head unit as this will give enough power for the uprated speakers but since the Corsa E has a pretty decent headunit, replacing that is out of the question...

The easiest solution is to simply fit a sub or one of those slim under passenger/driver seat ones which are okay-ish and this would give you the boot space you want. But if you really want the boot space and you want the sound to be better its gonna cost you more and require more effort uprating all 6 speakers and installing an amp in the boot or under the passenger/driver seat so that it will give the speakers the right power and be tuned so they are bassey and loud and crisp.

Thats from my experiance bud and hope this really helps because I dont want people wasting their money on Vibe SLICK Comps or JL Comps etc and finding their no better than the standards even though they say 250Watt or 400Watt etc... because you still need something to give them that power and the standard headunits dont give that amount of power and are designed for the speakers Vauxhall have provided.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Cheers for all the info mate. I had thought about the under-seat subwoofers. Might look into them a bit more. If I can do that without having to change the rest of the speakers then I'd be happy to do that. And it shouldn't cost too much doing it this way either. If you could recommend any that'd be great!! ;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Any time bud and the only one I know was really good was the Vibes 'Lite Air' under seat subs but dont think they make them any more but if i hear of any good ones I will sure to pass them onto you bud. But for now id say pick a brand you know are good and not these really cheap ones floating about :) and yeah you would save yourself loads of time and money doing that way :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Oh really, damn! I guess I can have a look to see if there are any similar to the one you mentioned. Wouldn't really fancy going with something too cheap as I'm sure it just wouldn't be worth the hassle. If you do hear of anything and could let me know that would be ideal. Cheers mate :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hiya Grantz22,

I have a little question. I have tried to run the remote cable from one of the rear lights as it registers 12v when the car is on do you know if the remote also requires a certain amp or is it completly depended on voltage?

It didnt work which confused me a little as i thought aslong as it was 12v it would work.

lee

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.