Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spoken with the dealer again today. I was told that I would have the car mid March. Today the admitted that we are looking at mid to late April before I can have the car. They say Vauxhall are having issues meeting the demand for the car. I was offered the Cosra D if I didn't want to wait but would still need to pay more for an old model lower spec car! Not very happy!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
It is ridiculous, you'd think they could have estimated higher demand for a new model. The D was still selling seriously high numbers even late last year so a new model was only ever going to increase sales even further especially as the auto industry knew that most of the PCP's taken put just as we were coming out of recession were now due to end which would increase demand further. I'm certainly not impressed to have waited as long as I have.

If it was a premium car with lots of options then I could partly understand but mine is a stock model from a high volume manufacturer, with no options other than the colour. Despite my dealer telling us our car would be available next week we have had no further contact and I'm guessing it will be April before we see the car. :-(

·
Registered
112 Posts
Klesmy said:
Spoken with the dealer again today. I was told that I would have the car mid March. Today the admitted that we are looking at mid to late April before I can have the car. They say Vauxhall are having issues meeting the demand for the car. I was offered the Cosra D if I didn't want to wait but would still need to pay more for an old model lower spec car! Not very happy!
That is crap! When did you place your order?

·
Registered
357 Posts
If you would take a 64 plate, Evens Halshaw are selling some just now.

You could get a 1.4 in red for less than a 1.2 new. Faster, More MPG, £80 less a year road tax.

Arnold clark were trying to charge me £8795 for a new 1.4 in red then the £55 registration fee.

http://www.evanshalshaw.com/search/vehicledetails/used-car-vauxhall-corsa--manual-petrol-red-hatchback-BL64SYC/

or if you want a 1.2 in black or green you could save more money. These colours are an extra £545 from vauxhall.

Just depends if you could deal with a 3 month old car.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I visited my local dealer last week and he searched online but there was nothing available in either the 1.4t or 1.0t and it would be a wait of approx 2 months as whatever I wanted would need to be factory ordered. Think I'll wait until later in the year.

G

·
Ordered mine 8th Nov and picked it up 7th March with options so not an 'off the shelf model'. I know that in Nov the factory was changing over to E production and that they had an initial build list for dealers demos and initial stock but I think 4 months was a bit of a long wait but now I have the car it was definitely worth it.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Klesmy said:
Ordered the car 9th feb it's the 1.4 sting in red with no extras so you would gave thought a stock car!
Mine was ordered back on the 17th Jan so will have been 12 weeks by time of delivery. Vauxhall do actually state 12 weeks for factory orders so I guess I'm just impatient :oops: :cry:

·
Registered
85 Posts
initialy when i ordered mine i was told wouldnt be available untill mid april but dealer did a search and found the car i wanted as a speculatve order for another dealer so claimed it for me as i had paid the deposit.She landed at portbury docks the week after then took two weeks from Bristol to Nottingham at the time the dealership i was dealing with had plenty of Le in stock mostly red and white but also had a grey one and a black 5 door le plus variouse sting and lower spec models not been past for a couple of weeks so dont know what they have now but the way i understand if another dealer has in stock the car you want they have to give it up for you might be worth a try

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I didn't want red or white, while they look great they are too common so paid the price of factory order. If I'd have wanted red I could have had one within a week. It should be worth the wait though :)

G

·
I keep looking at all the transporters looking for new Corsa's, saw 2 full loads of mainly 3 door LE's going north on M6 at Haydock at lunchtime, mainly red and white ones.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
mud4fun said:
pmarsh said:
Trust me mud4fun you won't be disappointed :D
Thanks! I'm getting REALLY excited now, mine is due end of next week YIPPEE!
Woohoo!! Finally! I totally understand that we will have to wait for photos as you'll be out enjoying her after the long wait!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
LOL, yes I'll be out driving and then washing her when she arrives. Will try and get some decent photos in the sunshine though. I do about 1500-1800 miles a month so will be able to report back on mpg and motorway performance quite quickly! :)

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Had a call from dealer today new eta for my car is now middle of May. I ordered 9th February. the problem is the supply of five door cars. Dealer knows I am not happy and it will cause me big problems getting to work so I pick up one of their hire cars on Saturday until mine arrives all at now cost.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.