Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a couple of times lately when i have switched my car on the temperatures on the touch screen says -7 and there is a warning on the dash that states warning basically of ice?
Has anyone else had this? Another issue to take to Vauxhall I suppose.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Ive had this twice now on my 1000 mile le...first day i picked the car up it was showing -17 and last week it showed -10 ....pain was the a/c wouldnt work with the temp showing this....took it into vauxhall and switched the ignition back on and it reset itself arghh.....not had the problem since but im waiting for it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
356 Posts
This has happened a few times to me.

Says - temperature outside and my tyre pressure warning lights come on.

Fixes itself eventually.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
I have been in contact with Vauxhall they have created an update for me
My car is the first to be tested on this update I receive it on Friday I will let you know how it goes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,357 Posts
Doubt they would provide it. Probably something in their terms which puts legality in their favour.

Your best bet is to just keep pestering your dealer or VX.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
356 Posts
If this was happening constantly and they can not fix it, then I would try to reject the car.

It has happened to my car a handful of times and clears up the next time I start the engine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Has anyone found a fix for this issue - I have only done 600 miles and this issue appeared yesterday - seemed OK again this morning.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
If i showed you the problems on my corsa's electronic part you would shit bricks believe me i'm 1 step from demanding a new car(interior mirror going ultra dark at night when no cars are behind me and when they are it doesnt darken up/radio going chaotic and parking sensors not working and if i turned on my indicators the radio would blast my hears at volume 40/radio losing all the stations i have on memory/ the parking sesons not emmiting sound just filling the bars and all of sudden when i'm almost hitting a wall they sometimes remember to work)

one thing is for sure the E is my first car never buying Vauxhall/Opel ever again after this car

Edit: and also having the same negative temperature problems has your car and sometimes the rattle people complain about the 1.0T becomes very loud and the car loses power for 2-3 seconds then the power comes back
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,357 Posts
tynamic said:
If i showed you the problems on my corsa's electronic part you would shit bricks believe me i'm 1 step from demanding a new car(interior mirror going ultra dark at night when no cars are behind me and when they are it doesnt darken up/radio going chaotic and parking sensors not working and if i turned on my indicators the radio would blast my hears at volume 40/radio losing all the stations i have on memory/ the parking sesons not emmiting sound just filling the bars and all of sudden when i'm almost hitting a wall they sometimes remember to work)

one thing is for sure the E is my first car never buying Vauxhall/Opel ever again after this car

Edit: and also having the same negative temperature problems has your car and sometimes the rattle people complain about the 1.0T becomes very loud and the car loses power for 2-3 seconds then the power comes back
You've been very unlucky, and I mean really unlucky - bit like Hendry really.

I'll be surprised if you get any other brand of car for as good a price without any issues. Most new cars are riddled with issues.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Yea limey I have :/

i'll keep you guys informed about the issues, the car is going to the dealer on wednesday his excuse for all the time the car has been there(around 3-4 times) was that no errors showed up on the car so i recorded every problem on video delivering the car along with a flash-drive with all the problems
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,902 Posts
Not so sure this is a limited problem. I have also experienced LOADS of problems with intellilink and the electronics in my car.

I've had screen freezes, lock outs, display issues, silent radio other than when I touch the screen etc - far too many to list or remember and that is just with intellilink. I've also got other system issues elsewhere in the car. Most on their own would be trivial or minor irritations however when it accumulates to 30 or 40 issues and it happens daily it gets beyond annoying.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
961 Posts
LimeyUK said:
tynamic said:
If i showed you the problems on my corsa's electronic part you would shit bricks believe me i'm 1 step from demanding a new car(interior mirror going ultra dark at night when no cars are behind me and when they are it doesnt darken up/radio going chaotic and parking sensors not working and if i turned on my indicators the radio would blast my hears at volume 40/radio losing all the stations i have on memory/ the parking sesons not emmiting sound just filling the bars and all of sudden when i'm almost hitting a wall they sometimes remember to work)

one thing is for sure the E is my first car never buying Vauxhall/Opel ever again after this car

Edit: and also having the same negative temperature problems has your car and sometimes the rattle people complain about the 1.0T becomes very loud and the car loses power for 2-3 seconds then the power comes back
You've been very unlucky, and I mean really unlucky - bit like Hendry really.

I'll be surprised if you get any other brand of car for as good a price without any issues. Most new cars are riddled with issues.
Is that not a contradiction in terms? You say he's been unlucky as if to say its rare to have an issue, then you say most new cars are riddled with faults, which therefore wouldn't make him unlucky, just one of a number of other similar people with issues.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,357 Posts
hendry said:
LimeyUK said:
tynamic said:
If i showed you the problems on my corsa's electronic part you would shit bricks believe me i'm 1 step from demanding a new car(interior mirror going ultra dark at night when no cars are behind me and when they are it doesnt darken up/radio going chaotic and parking sensors not working and if i turned on my indicators the radio would blast my hears at volume 40/radio losing all the stations i have on memory/ the parking sesons not emmiting sound just filling the bars and all of sudden when i'm almost hitting a wall they sometimes remember to work)

one thing is for sure the E is my first car never buying Vauxhall/Opel ever again after this car

Edit: and also having the same negative temperature problems has your car and sometimes the rattle people complain about the 1.0T becomes very loud and the car loses power for 2-3 seconds then the power comes back
You've been very unlucky, and I mean really unlucky - bit like Hendry really.

I'll be surprised if you get any other brand of car for as good a price without any issues. Most new cars are riddled with issues.
Is that not a contradiction in terms? You say he's been unlucky as if to say its rare to have an issue, then you say most new cars are riddled with faults, which therefore wouldn't make him unlucky, just one of a number of other similar people with issues.
Well, he is one of a number of people with other issues - but it's technically not common for the issues to be serious. New cars have plenty of issues if you want them to be there, I know several new fords that have had much more serious issues that what people have had here - including Muds S/S issue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,665 Posts
too many complex functions come as standard. I haven't tested everything yet. yesterday was the first time I used the washer jets, the horn, auto headlights... some seem unusual and need researching. its a long job even to give a clean bill of health. no wonder some break by 15k miles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,902 Posts
Yeah, my S/S and eelctronic issues are far from isolated. Most of my work colleagues have experienced similar on their company cars across lots of different brands (VW, Audi, BMW, Mini and Land Rover/Range Rovers). Almost every single one has had a failure in its electronics to some degree or another. Some issues are small and mostly just irritating but others have been serious and left the cars paralyzed and recovered on flat beds. All are high mileage vehicles like my own and I suspect the vibrations/bumps over a high mileage eventually works a few tiny contacts loose in the circuit boards. Mine was working perfectly from new until it got to 10K miles at which point loads of things started to go wrong.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top