Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried it. Android version rated less than 3 stars. It seems pretty but has some annoying flaws, like the back button goes right back instead of back one step.
Anyhow after I downloaded the Corsa E user manual I had 770 new images on the phone (every image in the manual) and trying to sync real photos to my Mac with Kies was impossible.
It's also going to be the Onstar access app once it's updated - one day so I hate to think what it wiĺ be like.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Been trying this, i find it absolutely frustrating. Unresponsive just not much piont really, uninstalled it.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep. frustrating. As a user manual on a device, a straight pdf would probably be better.
It's just, as the next Corsa will have OnStar, I want to make my horn beep when I have lost the car! I don't get many other pleasures at my age...

·
Registered
455 Posts
It doesn't work very well but I'm presuming they're updating it shortly, like as stated above.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the Android app has been updated for onStar today. you can't use it now without registering so I'll have a play using my Corsa D and see what works.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still waiting for an update for the iPad/phone but the Android app has been completely rewritten.
You now have to register at my.vauxhall.co.uk before you can use it. That is quite a tough registration process involving name, address, phone, DOB, security questions etc.
On the down side the phone browser (chrome) got into a loop trying to add my retailer, but meh!
The navigation back and forward actually works now.
The phone is no longer filled with 770 images in the manual, it seems to be downloaded as one entity.
There is the facility for more than one vehicle to be registered and more than one user manual - can't test it.
Can't test OnStar of course.

Also, predictably, when I registered my vehicle using VIN it shows up with the first registration plate, not the one currently on the vehicle. One reason I have dumped personal reg number - too much hassle these days.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone updating the Android app to 3.0.1 (Sept 22nd) may find the manual will not download. Go to Settings, Application Manager and clear the app data, then try again. The app update added more to the manual. Also parking location for dementia sufferers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts