Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should be picking up my new Corsa next week, other than the general checking of everything working as it should and looking over with a fine tooth comb, is there anything you guys would suggest for em to definitely check? I am planning on checking the roof lining for glue seepage, as well as making sure the heated door mirrors work and that sight and light pack is ok. I didn't have any options on her so it's just the standard car.

What if I find something drastically wrong? Would I reject the car there and then? Where she is being driven on and off the car ferry rather than coming over on the transporter I will definitely be checking the paint work very carefully, as I know what the ferries are like for cramming people on and not giving enough room to open doors fully, etc. I am hoping that they give the new car deliveries plenty of space. I don't think Red Funnel are as bad for packing on cars as Wightlink are but I don't use Red Funnel car ferries to know as the journey time is an hour long.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
you wont find anything serious on day 1 except wrong trim or colour or its not a Corsa!
paint is worth spending five minutes on.

·
Registered
455 Posts
So long as it's got the right engine size then i think you've already passed where I failed, I'm going to check the front bumper alignment, as people have suggested it's not right. I shall also check paint, trim inside, make sure everything is "attached", checking for scuffs, marks etc.

I wouldn't worry about how they pack their cars, lets face it if they do bang it, do something to it... you won't pay as it's not your problem so I couldn't even care less I'd just get compensation either way if it did come damaged.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
You do need to spot the dents before driving away. Dont be too embarrassed to get your eye right up to the fuel filler and look along the side. move up and down. Same other side and ends.
Smile Eyebrow Mouth Muscle Jaw

Attachments

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I didn't bother checking anything in detail and mine is absolutely perfectly fine!

Find faults where you want them.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LimeyUK said:
I didn't bother checking anything in detail and mine is absolutely perfectly fine!

Yes, but your car wasn't driven on and off a usually very busy car ferry! They barely give you enough room to open your door to get out, let alone fully. If you need room to open your door fully, (eg, if you have a passenger that has limited mobility), then you have to tell them so they can allocate more room for your doors. I shall definitely be checking the paint work before I drive off.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
LeachiE said:
LimeyUK said:

Yes, but your car wasn't driven on and off a usually very busy car ferry! They barely give you enough room to open your door to get out, let alone fully. If you need room to open your door fully, (eg, if you have a passenger that has limited mobility), then you have to tell them so they can allocate more room for your doors. I shall definitely be checking the paint work before I drive off.
Well, i suspect all cars are driven on or off some form of car ferry at some point in their journey to their dealer :D

·
Registered
455 Posts
LimeyUK said:
LeachiE said:
LimeyUK said:

Well, i suspect all cars are driven on or off some form of car ferry at some point in their journey to their dealer :D
They are seen as they're not made in this country and it would cost too much to fly them over so yes, at some point they have all been haha

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Dents are the least of your worries - it is the good thrashing that the monkey gives your car before and after the ferry journey that you need to worry about :mrgreen:

My trip was showing something silly like 18mpg (6 miles'ish on trip from memory) when I collected Dafny. The girl that handed me the keys even told me excitedly how quick she was and how much fun she'd had when going off to fill her up with fuel..... :shock:

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmmm! Hopefully she won't be 'ragged' as she only has to drive off the transporter onto the ferry and from East Cowes on the IoW to Wootton, a drive of just under 4 miles. There is also a filling station on site, so filling up won't incur any more miles. I must remember to take a photo of the mileage when I pick her up so I have a permanent record of her delivery mileage.

·
Registered
455 Posts
The car I was meant to get showed 3mpg and 15 miles? Something silly and the petrol station is opposite but true I'm making the most of the 1.0 and can't even tell you the MPG haha

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You won't want to give her back! Which engine did you order?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Check the colour match with front and rear bumper especially Asteroid grey. I had my rear bumper changed 1 week after collecting it as the colour on bumper was 3 or 4 shades lighter than the rest of the car. I collected my car and it was raining so you could not notice it. I have looked a quite a few Asteroid grey Corsa's and some are shocking.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for that tip! I shall check that too. Mine is shiny rock and I have seen a fair few asteroid grey cars around and it must be pretty difficult to see any discrepancies as it's so many different colours in different lights. I plumped for shiny rock as didn't like the brown tinge of asteroid when the sun shines.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So, are there any do's or don'ts that I need to bear in mind when I first get her? I plan on using up whatever fuel is in her before filling her up with my usual fuel so I can start her off on Fuelly. Need to find some scenic places to get some nice photos too!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts