Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Picked up my VXR last week, keen to get the rear 3 windows tinted, could someone shed light on whether this will void my warranty if I get this done?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
223 Posts
I wouldn't of thought so as the glass isn't covered under the warranty anyway. Don't quote me though.

I hope not as I have had my rear windows dark tinted.

·
Registered
455 Posts
If the glass is covered as part of the car, then I'd presume not. As warranty tends to be "as is" meaning it's covered as it was when you were sold it - so anything you've done may have to be returned to default or removed to claim something off the warranty?

That's what its like with most things, not sure about cars though.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
johnnylandon said:
Hi guys,
Picked up my VXR last week, keen to get the rear 3 windows tinted, could someone shed light on whether this will void my warranty if I get this done?
Thanks in advance
Ask the horse's mouth direct...
Vauxhall Lifetime Warranty [email protected] or 0845 602 5233 quoting your reg no and VIN no.

And don't forget to get the car serviced at a VX dealer in the 12 months deadline to get it renewed - not strictly has to be a VX dealer for the service but the dealer has to inspect it which will cost I expect.

My dealer forgot to record it and I was struck off the warranty for a month or so!!

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Jarviser said:
johnnylandon said:
Hi guys,
Thanks in advance
Ask the horse's mouth direct...
Vauxhall Lifetime Warranty [email protected] or 0845 602 5233 quoting your reg no and VIN no.

And don't forget to get the car serviced at a VX dealer in the 12 months deadline to get it renewed - not strictly has to be a VX dealer for the service but the dealer has to inspect it which will cost I expect.

My dealer forgot to record it and I was struck off the warranty for a month or so!!
actually I believe most Corsa E are too recent to have the lifetime warranty. i just learned they wound up the scheme in Jan 2015?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Yea VX scrapped lifetime warranty a while back - the majority of people got rid of their car after 3 years, so they decided to change it to a 3 year warranty.

Saying that, the Lifetime warranty is only a limited warranty anyway - full warranty ran out after 3 years too.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
LimeyUK said:
Yea VX scrapped lifetime warranty a while back - the majority of people got rid of their car after 3 years, so they decided to change it to a 3 year warranty.

Saying that, the Lifetime warranty is only a limited warranty anyway - full warranty ran out after 3 years too.
yes I don't intend keeping beyond 2 yrs before re-ordering again, especially with TPMS non replaceable batteries, there's £300 after a few years for new sensors. Then there's front tyres, main battery dodgy at 4 years, probably less time with autostop, £'s soon mounts up at the 3 year stage.
But they kept that very quiet, and the dealer too - only the auto press seem to have announced it. No wonder the links on the web default to the general Vx website.

·
Registered
961 Posts
As I understand it, the warranty will only be invalidated on the area you have modified but will remain intact on everything else, so for example if you change the exhaust backbox you void the warranty on the full exhaust system but nothing else, if you put lowering springs on you void the warranty only on suspension components, etc.

Jarviser, that sounds a bit silly to me, rather than spend a few hundred quid replacing tyres, a battery and TPMS sensors you are going to spend thousands of pounds on a new car to avoid a few hundred pounds on maintenance, seems stupid to me. Fair enough if you are buying a new car after 2 years because you want a new car, fed up with current car, want a change etc. but to go and fork out a LOT of money on a new car to avoid spending a LITTLE money on maintaining your current car doesn't make sense to me.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
hendry said:
As I understand it, the warranty will only be invalidated on the area you have modified but will remain intact on everything else, so for example if you change the exhaust backbox you void the warranty on the full exhaust system but nothing else, if you put lowering springs on you void the warranty only on suspension components, etc.

Jarviser, that sounds a bit silly to me, rather than spend a few hundred quid replacing tyres, a battery and TPMS sensors you are going to spend thousands of pounds on a new car to avoid a few hundred pounds on maintenance, seems stupid to me. Fair enough if you are buying a new car after 2 years because you want a new car, fed up with current car, want a change etc. but to go and fork out a LOT of money on a new car to avoid spending a LITTLE money on maintaining your current car doesn't make sense to me.
You're right, its a luxury. Costs us £8K to swap every two years. Dont smoke, dont drink, dont go abroad. No good going to the cemetery loaded :D

·
Registered
961 Posts
Jarviser said:
hendry said:

You're right, its a luxury. Costs us £8K to swap every two years. Dont smoke, dont drink, dont go abroad. No good going to the cemetery loaded :D
Fair enough mate if you want a new car every 2 years, I can definitely see the merit in doing that, I just don't get these people who buy a brand new car and after say 3 years go "on bugger, I need to go and buy a new car because this one needs an MOT, a service, 2 new tyres, a set of discs and pads, and taxed, that's too much hassle/that's going to cost a fortune" and don't want to go through the hassle/expense of doing that but will go to the hassle of trawling car showrooms for a new one, and then spend 25x what the maintenance on their own car would cost on a brand new one, to somehow "save" money. If they just said "I've had this 3 years, I'm fed up and want a chance, I want a new car, I realise I'm losing a lot of money but so what that's what I want to do" I'd totally understand that, I used to when I was younger change car every 6 months to a year out of boredom, used cars though.

If I could afford 8K every 3 years I doubt I'd drive a Corsa though, as nice as they are I'd be buying something fancier.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts