Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK

I just changed winter tires to summer tires. Yellow tire logo is showing and no pressure recognision. OEM parts.

I tried Tire learn. two honks and nothing else happend.

How can i make this shitty stuff to work properly?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
The warning triggers because the rolling radius is slightly different between your summer and winter tyres. I discovered that the Corsa uses ABS sensors to detect differences in rotation speeds to trip the tyre pressure warning.

You can reset it in one of the menus. Once reset it will then assume your reset value is the correct rolling radius and then only warn again if a tyre rotates at a different speed which normally indicates a lower or higher pressure. After speaking to a few people it seems that it doesn't take much to trigger the warning. A few friends have BMW's and all have experienced problems with it so not just VX.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But no pressures is showing in the program with this set of tires. I can live with one useless light on the dashboard. thanks EU

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I must apologise. You are correct. It seems I was misinformed. According to the owners manual the sensors are on the wheels. Bugger. That means buying sensors for the second set of wheels I was planning to buy for my winters. :-(

Sorry!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I said it wrong at first. I ment second set of wheels and tires.
Just hoping that I dont have to pay reseting every wheels change.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The tyre learning menu is purely a dealership thing, once you activate it you need a special Vauxhall calibration tool to go around each wheel individually and it wirelessly sends the psi reading back to the BCM with the pressures to set a average for calculation, the two beeps indicate the system is awaiting syncing with the device

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hi Curse2015, found this information on the Adam Users Manual and may help?

Each time the tyres are replaced, tyre pressure monitoring system sensors
must be dismounted and serviced. For the screwed sensor; replace
valve core and sealing ring. For the clipped sensor; replace complete
valve stem.

Auto learn function:
After changing wheels the vehicle must be stationary for approx.
20 minutes, before the system recalculates. The following relearn
process takes up to 10 minutes of driving with a minimum speed of
12 mph. In this case - - can be displayed or pressure values can
swap in the Driver Information Centre. If problems occur during the relearn
process a warning message is displayed in the Driver Information
Centre.

Hope this helps

Derek

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok so future winter/summer wheel/tire changes DO NOT use "tire learn", it configures itself?

And now best option after this tire learn- gate is to take it to the dealership mechanic for magic wand waving?

·
Registered
62 Posts
On my Sept 2018 Excite the learning process requires the special 'relearn tool' (GM's own words)device, it does not self configure. Pages 212-216 of the user manual describe the procedure. https://www.vauxhall.co.uk/content/dam/vauxhall/Home/PDFs/owners/owners-manuals/corsa/corsa-owners-manual-january-2016.pdf
The 'relearn tools' are freely available on eBay and less than £10 if you are prepared to ship from China direct rather than buying from a UK seller who has imported several from the same source and wants to make a margin. They are also on Amazon.uk - part number EL50448

·
Registered
525 Posts
Has anyone tried the relearn process and it worked.

Occasionally i get TPMS errors where it says sensor not found but 30 seconds later everything is fine so it must be able to self configure

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2015 (newest shape) Excite, I've just bought a set of original equipment Vauxhall winter wheels\tyres, do I need one of these tools to go through the learn process?

·
Registered
393 Posts
cattlerustler said:
I have a 2015 (newest shape) Excite, I've just bought a set of original equipment Vauxhall winter wheels\tyres, do I need one of these tools to go through the learn process?
yes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Susan44 said:
cattlerustler said:
yes.
Anyone have a reccomendation of one that I can order? Or will any of the Amazon ones work?

·
Registered
1 Posts
simple confusion most people when they change the alloys from steel wheel or size than they forget to tell the brain that alloys have been changed
hope you got the answer

1 - 14 of 14 Posts