Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi mates just wondering :D what was the highest top speed u ever hit with your E's

I went to 225 Kph that's roughly 140 Mph (indicated by the on-board computer of the car)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
tynamic said:
Hi mates just wondering :D what was the highest top speed u ever hit with your E's

I went to 225 Kph that's roughly 140 Mph (indicated by the on-board computer of the car)
Just a reminder again that this forum is public. Of course you could have been on private land though.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LimeyUK said:
tynamic said:

Just a reminder again that this forum is public. Of course you could have been on private land though.
what's the problem talking about speed? ik that there are speed limits on the road but it's not like i'm saying people should go around driving like crazy and speeding.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
tynamic said:
LimeyUK said:
tynamic said:

what's the problem talking about speed? ik that there are speed limits on the road but it's not like i'm saying people should go around driving like crazy and speeding.
That wasn't toward you, but just a reminder to those that have probably done it on public roads.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Wow you exceeded the manufacturer's figure by 30kmh....were you going downhill?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ChrisB said:
Wow you exceeded the manufacturer's figure by 30kmh....were you going downhill?
yes but the incline wasnt that big the thing is, it is a long staight line that gave me more than enough time to reach these speeds altough i think i can still go to 230Kph(142/143Mph)

·
Registered
501 Posts
Just stating because this forum is public and people post cars with reg plates and locations it's on your head if you get caught, that's all. We all love to hear and see it but police watch these forums, not this exact one but like this.

But

142mph from the 1l turbo pretty nuts. Wouldn't mind seeing what mine can do.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
tynamic said:

Presumably that was in Portugal where you are based - which is strange because I didn't think there were people there with that degree of urgency :?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jarviser said:
tynamic said:

Presumably that was in Portugal where you are based - which is strange because I didn't think there were people there with that degree of urgency :?
ahah just wanted to see where i could push the car too

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jarviser said:
Out of interest, what RPM? and also out of interest did you get an overspeed gong from the dash?
5200-5300rpm at the max speed i hitted(225Kph)
overspeed gong what do you mean? a dashboard warning?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
walters73 said:
Looking forward to doing 200mph in my Vxr then!!!
ahah i guess the VXR should do around 186 187mph on the same conditions i did this

·
Registered
227 Posts
The overspeed warning should sound at the speed you set it at, if not set then you don't get any warnings.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
tynamic said:
Jarviser said:
Out of interest, what RPM? and also out of interest did you get an overspeed gong from the dash?
That doesn't seem enough revs for that speed. That would be 2600 at 72 mph. Is that feasible?
The D has a factory set overspeed gong (I have never reached it of course) I wondered if the E has one

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Jarviser said:
tynamic said:
Jarviser said:
That doesn't seem enough revs for that speed. That would be 2600 at 72 mph. Is that feasible?
The D has a factory set overspeed gong (I have never reached it of course) I wondered if the E has one
If you set the speed limiter, then it gongs when you drift over it, is that the same in the D? Or was the D just a visual thing and not a physical limiter?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I think if you set the speed limiter through cruise control, it will not let you exceed the limit you set. If you set the speed limit warning through the info screen, then you get a chime when its exceeded but you can still speed over it. Haven't tried the limiter yet, but the speed warning I tried.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts