Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mentioned this on facebook but only got stupid reply so hopefully somebody with more intelligence can help me here.

When pulling away in the Corsa, if I rev it to pull away quickly while the wheels are pointed left either to take the first exit on a roundabout or junction, I have to fight the steering wheel to keep it pointed where I want to go. It doesn't do this when pulling away gently.

Is this torque steer or something else?

Bear in mind I've only really driven rear wheel drive vehicles for most of my life/mileage and I have not experienced it before. The front drive cars I've owned have generally been less powerful or big heavy cars. So maybe I'm just noticing something that most consider normal? I would be interest to know just in case it indicates a problem somewhere.

Thanks folks

G

·
Yes Ian, that is torque steer. I have noticed that it is more noticeable than my old Corsa D, I presume this is because of different gear ratios giving a different power delivery.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!

Please note I wasn't intentially driving like a boy racer. I'm just used to driving a 2.5TDi engined truck that would pull away in 2nd at 800rpm. Dafny nearly stalls even in first if you try and pull away at such low rpm so it is taking me a bit of getting used to giving her sufficient revs not to stall but not too much. In all other respects she drives like a diesel and I'm driving her as I would drive my diesel trucks :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.