Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to turn off the esc and traction control on the LE, in the manual it shows a traction button on the dash left of the intellilink which you press for 5 secs, however mine has the city and eco buttons there instead :(

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Is it the button on the right of the intellilink?

I've noticed in the configurator that there is a button at the top of the selection of buttons on the right, but I couldn't work out what it was.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Traction control doesn't work on my LE anyway! Not bothered as I'm used to driving cars without it. Mine merrily wheelspins when pulling away and will spin the tyres up when changing gear upto 50mph on a damp road, spins when driving onto or off wet grass verges and generally shows no signs of having traction control. Maybe I've turned it off somehow?? :) My traction control-less classic rear wheel drive trucks have better traction in poor conditions than the Corsa but then they aren't as much fun ;-)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers for the replies, only buttons to the right of the intellilink are the door locks, very annoying as can't get it over 4000 revs on a dyno and even when you take out the abs fuse, traction control still kicks in , grrr

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
jimmy1mc said:
Cheers for the replies, only buttons to the right of the intellilink are the door locks, very annoying as can't get it over 4000 revs on a dyno and even when you take out the abs fuse, traction control still kicks in , grrr
Mine will rev happily to 6K so I can't see that it is a traction control issue? however the torque/power drops off sharply at 4K rpm so it is pointless revving much higher than 4K rpm anyway.

The whole point of the ECU map that VX have put on the 1.4T is to deliver great amounts of torque at low to mid rpm range which is where a normal driver will keep the revs anyway if they want the engine to last and to get good economy. The 1.4T is the engine of choice for genuine real world economy on open road conditions such as motorways. I can testify that it will achieve a remarkable 65-70mpg on the motorway at a sensible cruising speed. With appropriate use of the gears it will even deliver great mpg around town and can still deliver very quick acceleration for overtaking if you change early and keep the revs below 4K rpm. These are the reasons I ordered the 1.4T instead of the 1.0T.

For people who do mostly short local trips or those that want a revvy engine then the 1.0T is for them, its map means its power doesn't come in until very high rpm so is very revvy which some people like. Of course if you make use of the power alot then the engine will die very early compared to a 1.4T that produces the same power at half the revs!

The 1.4T can be remapped to allow it to deliver power right upto 6K rpm but the reason VX didn't do that is because it results in poorer mpg and shorter engine life.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
jimmy1mc said:
Strange, still leaves me pondering about what on earth that button is then! Can't for the life of me figure out the icon from the configurator! :lol:

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
mud4fun said:
The VXR has a button to turn off traction control I believe, is it possible they've included an image of its console?
That would be typical VX, but I wouldnt have thought the VXR dash was that similar to a standard corsa's, surely?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
LimeyUK said:
mud4fun said:
The VXR has a button to turn off traction control I believe, is it possible they've included an image of its console?
That would be typical VX, but I wouldnt have thought the VXR dash was that similar to a standard corsa's, surely?
Yes, I'm pretty sure the VXR has same dash as the rest. Just has the decent seats and flat bottom steering wheel.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Bit late to this but traction control alert came up on my dash and manual says to press button on the left side of the steering wheel? It's the opposite of the volume buttons etc.
this worked for me as I seem to have just hit the button while driving... Unsure if it turned off but the annoying light and alerts came off! Phew!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi! Yesterday i've turnd the key to its first position of the ignition,and at the driver's central digital frame which is located between rpm and speedometer,tells me tha the TCS is enabled,i continue my drive ,and no other warnings appeared,do you know what is it, the car must be to the workshop to plug the obd to check for faults,thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.