Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people I made the mistake of buying the 1.2 and now I want the 1.0 turbo i am paying the flexible finance 0% apr is there anything I can do I don't mind paying a bit extra I have been paying for 4 months now

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Don't think there is anything you can do. Go speak to your dealer.

Usually there's a 14 day period in which you can cancel without penalties, but that's long gone.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Depending on what you do it could cost you a few grand tbh. Just in the trade in never mind adding the extra cost of a 1 litre turbo.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
A new car loses thousands as you drive it off the forecourt. A trade in now would be disastrous. . Just enjoy your lovely new 1.2 and trade in in two years is my advice.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not on pcp so don't think I can trade it back in I don't have to pay a sum at the end it's just mine

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Best way to get an answer is to go to the dealer and ask them. No harm in asking! :)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
You can trade in whenever you want if you're not on PCP - but it will cost you a hell of a lot.

Your cars value would be at least 20% less than what you paid for it (you lose VAT when it drives off the forecourt), plus the outstanding finance remaining on it would then be applied to the cost of the new car - So you would effectively be paying for two cars.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Your car could have lost a few thousand pounds in the first few months.

I bought my car when it was 3 months old and saved £1300 on the cost of buying new and that was not the list price. If I compare to the list price I would of saved £2300.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Fsamp said:
Hey people I made the mistake of buying the 1.2 and now I want the 1.0 turbo
What was the mistake with the 1.2? Just performance?

You may find you make another mistake by going with the 1.0T in so much as:

1) You will be paying a steep premium for the 1.0T over the 1.4T 100PS for no real gains in performance. In fact depending on the type of journeys you do and how you drive the 1.0T gives inferior performance to the significantly cheaper 1.4T 100PS

2) The 1.4T 150PS is also now available in the red and black editions and the 1.6T 205PS VXR is now in production which means the 1.0T is quite far from top of the performance for the Corsa E engine range. If it is peer pressure that makes you think your car is underpowered then you may well find that by the time your 1.0T is ordered it too is already considered underpowered by your peers who will then consider the 150PS 1.4T as the engine of choice.

I would sit tight with your current car and enjoy it (and its cheaper insurance) for another year or so. To swap now would cost you thousands. If you do swap then I'd seriously suggest a test drive in the 1.4T, do not go on the published PS figures as they are meaningless, the 100PS 1.4T is pretty pokey and has bags more torque AND you can get it mapped for around £300 to 150-165PS. You'd then end up with far higher performance than 1.0T 115PS car AND it would be cheaper to buy too.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
In addition to what Mud has said, if you're thinking that a 1.0T would keep your insurance down, but be quicker than the 1.2, then you'd be mistaken. The 1.0T has a higher insurance group than the 1.2.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've been driving a Vauxhall Vivaro van for a couple of weeks - quite a nice drive, in fact.

I get back in my 1.2 Excite A/C, and it makes it feel like an M3!

That's my (albeit poor) suggestion - drive a big van for a bit, and your 1.2 will, by default, feel much quicker and refined!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
i live and work in London most roads here are now becoming max speed 20mph so my 1.4 non turbo is fast enough so would a 1.2

1 - 13 of 13 Posts