Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today whilst I was at the dealers, the slaesman was looking online at the Partner's Programme prices and discovered that the trim name 'Excite' has been changed to 'Energy'!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Is that the excite without A/C? I guess it makes sense as it was confusing having two different excites.

The energy probably refers to its slightly better mpg and performance from not carting around 20Kg of air con equipment ;-) ;-)

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, there is 'energy' and 'energy a/c'. Strange that they have changed the name so soon after launch though!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Very odd! and that is the highest selling trim level according to my local VX dealer and is the 2nd most popular on our 'what trim have you got' poll.

Maybe somebody has sued them because they found their car didn't 'excite' them? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:lol: :lol: :lol: They always used to keep changing the names of various trims. When I had my Corsa, there was Energy and Active at least - different specs added/took away different elements of kit.

·
Registered
961 Posts
This will be the MY16 changes, and already theyve started "removing" spec, the 5 door SRi now only gets silver alloys whilst the 3 door keeps the black ones. They've also added the red/black editions and I see a factory fitted alarm is now available as a factory fit item as an extra cost option.

The pointless Life spec has been deleted from the lineup, LE and SE now have On Star as standard but oddly the Red/Black Editions don't get on star despite being listed as "additional features over LE: 1.4T 150 engine, 17" diamond cut wheels" and the SRi now doesn't share the same seat trim pattern as the LE, SRi now gets "lace cloth" instead of "network moonray and network sunbeam"

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
All prices have gone up signficantly compared to when I ordered mine back in january.

Shame 150PS 1.4T only available in black or red. Red already too common on the E. Would have been nice (especially at that price) to offer unique colours or wider colour range. Not sure of the point of offering the 150PS option at that price as the VXR is not much more*. VED is higher and economy is 10% less than the 100PS 1.4T too so even less reason to choose one over the VXR.

Where is VXR on the list? it is on the website configurator which I've just looked at and is still showing the 'old' excite trims.

*other than the fact if they priced it lower then nobody would buy the 1.0T LE!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hendry said:
This will be the MY16 changes, and already theyve started "removing" spec, the 5 door SRi now only gets silver alloys whilst the 3 door keeps the black ones. They've also added the red/black editions and I see a factory fitted alarm is now available as a factory fit item as an extra cost option.

The pointless Life spec has been deleted from the lineup, LE and SE now have On Star as standard but oddly the Red/Black Editions don't get on star despite being listed as "additional features over LE: 1.4T 150 engine, 17" diamond cut wheels" and the SRi now doesn't share the same seat trim pattern as the LE, SRi now gets "lace cloth" instead of "network moonray and network sunbeam"
Hendry, do you have a link to photos for the new lace cloth seats? I would be interested to see them!

·
Registered
961 Posts
Just another point to note, passengers sunvisor with mirror and cover (same as drivers one) is now standard on every spec except Sting and Sting R.

Also Energy model now gets heated door mirrors and final change I can see from a quick scan is the Sting now doesn't get LED DRLs, just ordinary ones, only Sting R upwards get LED now.

Leachie, not on a Corsa I don't but I'm fairly certain Astra J SRis have lace cloth seats trim, Google that and you'll see what they are, they are a bit plain and bland, certainly not as lurid as the network moonray/sunbeam ones.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice to see they've listened to what people have said they wanted/should have had. The dealer today said he didn't understand why 'Excite' doesn't have heated door mirrors when it has heated everything else! Any sign of any new colours? I think the 'Energy' trim in the past was available in the turquoise and Aztec gold, as I had a gold Meriva before my Corsa.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
hendry said:
certainly not as lurid as the network moonray/sunbeam ones.
I like my sunbeam cloth pattern. It has grown on me. It really suits the bright limelight green body colour. I guess it also has a retro feel to it as it reminds me of my first few cars in the 1980's. Despite preferring a plain fabric back in January I think I would actually order the sunbeam now in preference over a plan cloth even if available! :eek:

·
Registered
961 Posts
mud4fun said:
hendry said:
certainly not as lurid as the network moonray/sunbeam ones.
I like my sunbeam cloth pattern. It has grown on me. It really suits the bright limelight green body colour. I guess it also has a retro feel to it as it reminds me of my first few cars in the 1980's. Despite preferring a plain fabric back in January I think I would actually order the sunbeam now in preference over a plan cloth even if available! :eek:
I like the network moonray in my car too, my comment that lace cloth isnt as lurid wasn't meant as having a pop at the network moonray/sunbeam because I do like it and think it makes the interior bright, welcoming and "cheery" and kinda like you say snazzy retro cool, I was kinda saying although nothing wrong with the lace cloth either, its perfectly fine, it is a bit bland by comparison, actually glad I ordered an early car I'd the later ones don't have this seat trim, I note that the LE whilst it still has the network cloth whereas the SRi doesn't, the LE also has the option of "cityscape" cloth instead of the network.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Energy trim gets vision black seats instead of the spot shimmer.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Pleased I got my sting when I did as I like the led drls which are now not available only standard bulbs. Looks like my car is now officially the base model! Still with the spec it's still better than the fiesta!

·
Registered
961 Posts
Its a bit odd how the spec list goes because theres a list of features that are standard across the range and then it lists all the models and what extras they get, and if you notice Sting still gets alloys whereas Design gets structure wheels so theres not really a "bottom of the range" model, which is odd because on almost every car there is one, and I don't just mean the cheapest priced one or the one classed as the bottom of the range, I mean an actual model which just has a standard spec and then each of the other models have additional features on top of the base models, kinda like the way the Life was, it was the true base model as every other model built upon its spec, now theres no clear base model because they all have different features.

So before you had Life, then Sting added LED DRLs, white alloys, cruise control, leather steering wheel, cd player with Bluetooth and usb, white grille bar and mirror caps, and the twin stripes. then you had Design which still didn't get alloys, has plain mirrors and chrome grille bar, but had intellilink and digital radio, front fog lights, but both had the Life spec and built upon it with extras, now theres not that anymore which is odd, I cant think of another car which doesn't have a "basic" car spec model to build on the spec with the other models.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Vauxhall keep cycling around there so called special editions. They normally have excite, energy and active. You can bet your bottom dollar in about 6 months it will be back to Active

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Big Mac said:
Vauxhall keep cycling around there so called special editions. They normally have excite, energy and active. You can bet your bottom dollar in about 6 months it will be back to Active
I think the Design spec is closer to their usual 'Active' specs. So i wouldn't be surprised if they changed Design to Active.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Given that the new sting only has halogen drls and as mine was an early version with the led drls I guess I got a limited edition sting.

Looks like they have brought the specs in line with other countries. I remember a thread on here about halogen drls on a sting and the poster was from outside the uk

·
Registered
223 Posts
Why would they do this?

My door seals have Excite edition written on them! I hope this won't cause any issues if I decide to sell it in a few years?

I assume it won't as all my paperwork says Excite.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts