Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum and I picked up my Vauxhall Corsa 1.0T EcoFlex Sting R about 1 week ago. I love the car, the drive is so gentle, fun and highly appreciative. I love the turbo, the sound of the engine is music to my ears as you would say!!

Right, question time! I read somewhere that I was able to view my average MPG and my fuel range/remaining (in miles), and I am pretty sure I read that it was for my car.. However upon reading the manual, I believe my model is only available to view the first-level display as apposed to other models which have the mid-level display and up-level display. I was kind of dissapointed that this option wasn't available, considering the car is studded with features such as climate control, start-stop etc.. I was just wondering if there is any chance of updating my version to a mid or up-level display?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
The only ones who could tell you that is your dealer.

I couldn't see why you couldn't pay to have an upgrade in your driver info screen, but who knows. There could be some minor technical differences - perhaps in the hardware used (I highly doubt it though.)

You may find its cheaper to get an external MFTC (Multi Function Trip Computer) than to pay for an upgrade.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LimeyUK,

Yeah well I purchased my vehicle from Lookers, however I was thinking of giving Vauxhall a ring enquiring about this but thought I would see what you guys in here think to it first. I don't see why it wouldn't be feasible to do this but like you said there could possibly be some technical difficulties. Have you used a MFTC before, how reliable are they?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I would also like to know if this is possible. I have a MY16 Energy and the Excites (which Energy trim replaces) had the mftc in them but for some reason the Energy trim doesn't have it any more. Mine just shows digital speedo (which Excites didn't have), Trip 1 and Trip 2. My previous car had a mftc and I really miss it! It would also be nice to know how many miles are remaining on the tank of fuel too.

·
Registered
961 Posts
LeachiE said:
I would also like to know if this is possible. I have a MY16 Energy and the Excites (which Energy trim replaces) had the mftc in them but for some reason the Energy trim doesn't have it any more. Mine just shows digital speedo (which Excites didn't have), Trip 1 and Trip 2. My previous car had a mftc and I really miss it! It would also be nice to know how many miles are remaining on the tank of fuel too.
Leachie, post a pic of the screen in your car on the trip 1 or 2 screens, I think if you have the screen which can display digital speedo then you probably have the same instrument panel as the MFTC equipped cars, whereas Stings and so on have an entirely different one which would require a physical hardware change to one from a higher spec model, this I believe all you would need is someone with a tech 2 or whatever the latest Vauxhall dealer level diagnostic tool is to go into the variant configuration and change the settings. I've seen similar done in Astras which don't have factory trip computers, change some settings and voilà the trip computer appears as if by magic.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Hendry, my screen. It looks like the one in the LE that i test drove, just doesn't have enough 'pages' to scroll through.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Leachie your screen looks identical to the MFTC in my car so I'm fairly certain with some programming that could easily display all the relevant trip computer functions, all it needs is someone who knows what they are doing with Vauxhall diagnostic machines and half an hour changing the settings to show the trip computer functions, give it a few months when Es have been out for a while and some wizards with this kinda thing will be offering this service for £30-40

Theres a few guys on Astra forums who know how to do stuff the dealers don't have a clue about and can do all sorts of things from trip computers, to factory USB, DAB and Bluetooth retrofits, factory cruise control, needle sweeps, all manner of upgrades from higher spec models, I'm 99% certain its doable with that screen, I'd think only things like the Sting and Life with the different screen cannot have it added.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Yeah, it looks just like the screen in the LE that I test drove. Looks hopeful that it could be added via tech2 but not sure if there would be anyone on the Island that could do it other than main dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there any update to this thread?

My display looks the same as the pictures, and I would like to know how far I can go on my remaining fuel, but can't find how to get this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts