Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a query here really, the MFTC on the Corsa can display quite a lot of useful info, and based on my experience of owning older Vauxhalls with MFTCs they could tell you things like: coolant level low, washer fluid level low, engine oil level low, stop lamp bulb failure, turn signal lamp failure etc.

So effectively they could tell you as well as average speed, mpg, range remaining etc. Whether levels were lowz bulbs were blown and so on, they did at some point remove the bulbs and level failure warnings from Astras and Vectras about 2007 but they were reinstated on the Astra J and Insignia, I'm just wondering is the Corsa supposed to have them too? My car can seem to display all the other messages like "drive with care. Risk of ice" and so on on the MFTC display so just wondering if its fitted with bulb and level failure/low warnings, reason I ask is I assumed they did based on what I read in the owners manual but I ran out of screenwash last night and got no message informing me (obviously I knew anyway but itd be handy if for example and tail light bulb has blown and so on)

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just re-read the owners manual and even the base level display fitted to Stings and so on is supposed to tell you washer fluid is low but via a "code 134" message rather than "washer fluid level low" like the MFTC in SRi, LE and SE does. Don't know if its a fault or an commission/error in the manual as its maybe not fitted to UK spec cars.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
There will be bulb warnings, because it's part of EU regulations.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I never got a warning when mine ran out. It would be useful. I check mine regularly but sometimes on a long motorway run (300 miles) in certain conditions I've had to use the washers so often that I've run out. A low fluid warning would have allowed me to pull into services before too late. Mind you, you can tell sort of when you are running low as the pressure drops and jets don't reach far up screen. As soon as that happens I ration their use until I can stop and top them up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts