Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have got a 2015 corsa e excite 1.4 petrol done about 2900miles
today i had tyre preesure fault come on saying check front tyre pressure i checked them all ok also the temperature gauge for the outside said -8 and also the A\C stopped working. i then took it for a drive of about 10miles turn off then restart all ok back to normal, i just wonderd if anyone else has had the same problem or if i should take it back to main dealer.
Help Needed???

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I've seen the temperature gauge show the wrong figure myself on mine. Thought I'd driven into the twilight zone as driving alonge bright sunny motorway with temp showing +18c and next minute it was showing -3c! Not bothered really as it has only happened once in 6K miles.

As for tyre pressures, check what load rating you have setup on your dash (light, eco etc) and then check the corresponding values on the label on the door post. You need to make sure your tyres are bang on to the pressure stated on the label as the warning comes on only a few psi down from those values. I got fed up of mine coming on so I set my tyre load to be light and my tyres are actually running eco so they need to drop 10psi before the blasted warning comes on! That is enough to warn me of a puncture but not enough to annoy me when they drop a couple of psi from cooling down after a 200 mile drive at 70+mph.

Edit: I should clarify that I run my tyres at 37psi front/34psi rear (cold). This is approx 2psi less than the official eco settings so already close to triggering warnings if load is set to eco. On a fast hard motorway run the pressures will hit 39 front. However at the end of my long motorway commute I have to drive a few miles down country lanes that in wet weather are normally waterlogged. This has the effect of rapidly cooling the tyres from 39psi to 36psi which seemed to trigger the TPS warning.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
If it plays up just take it to the dealer to reset it. Doesn't take them long.

My tyres are 32 front, 37 back cold, these were done by my dealer when I had the sensors reset after they changed my wheels but didn't calibrate them!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
LimeyUK said:

My tyres are 32 front, 37 back cold, these were done by my dealer when I had the sensors reset after they changed my wheels but didn't calibrate them!
er Limey, is that a typo or did you really mean your fronts are lower than your rears? The fronts should always be higher as they are carrying the high load (engine etc), the rears should be less, alot less if the vehicle is not carrying any passengers or cargo. Even then yours appear to be quite a variance from each other. Mine are 37 front/34 rear which I've found works well. A little on the firm side but that suits me and it gets better mpg. If your fronts are that low you won't be getting as good mpg and with the rears that high your tail could slide out!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
mud4fun said:
LimeyUK said:

er Limey, is that a typo or did you really mean your fronts are lower than your rears? The fronts should always be higher as they are carrying the high load (engine etc), the rears should be less, alot less if the vehicle is not carrying any passengers or cargo. Even then yours appear to be quite a variance from each other. Mine are 37 front/34 rear which I've found works well. A little on the firm side but that suits me and it gets better mpg. If your fronts are that low you won't be getting as good mpg and with the rears that high your tail could slide out!
Actually never occurred to me before! Those are the pressures on my TPMS dialog, i'll double check them again later.

·
Registered
961 Posts
mud4fun said:
I've seen the temperature gauge show the wrong figure myself on mine. Thought I'd driven into the twilight zone as driving alonge bright sunny motorway with temp showing +18c and next minute it was showing -3c! Not bothered really as it has only happened once in 6K miles.

As for tyre pressures, check what load rating you have setup on your dash (light, eco etc) and then check the corresponding values on the label on the door post. You need to make sure your tyres are bang on to the pressure stated on the label as the warning comes on only a few psi down from those values. I got fed up of mine coming on so I set my tyre load to be light and my tyres are actually running eco so they need to drop 10psi before the blasted warning comes on! That is enough to warn me of a puncture but not enough to annoy me when they drop a couple of psi from cooling down after a 200 mile drive at 70+mph.

Edit: I should clarify that I run my tyres at 37psi front/34psi rear (cold). This is approx 2psi less than the official eco settings so already close to triggering warnings if load is set to eco. On a fast hard motorway run the pressures will hit 39 front. However at the end of my long motorway commute I have to drive a few miles down country lanes that in wet weather are normally waterlogged. This has the effect of rapidly cooling the tyres from 39psi to 36psi which seemed to trigger the TPS warning.
I have my tyres at the official eco setting of 39 front,37 rear and the load set to eco and I've never had the light come on when the pressures increase then decrease. Well except once but that was because the dealer had refitted the tyre to my new NSR alloy and only put the pressure to 34psi so when it went down to 33 at one point it triggered, however that wouldn't have happened if they'd set it to 37 cold.

I'm wondering if I should adjust the pressures and load setting to try and reduce the road noise from the crap tyres on it. It's only ever me in the car usually so no point in putting it on the heavy load setting, so I'll maybe try light load.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I just set mine to 2psi under the eco settings because it gives good mpg without wearing centre of tyres out too much and the firmness suits me. I reckon the TPS warning must come on at 3psi less than the setting value so just a 1psi drop on my pressures would be 3psi down on the official eco setting. Since setting load to light but continuing to run my higher pressures never had a tyre warning display so I'm happy enough with that. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.