Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when resetting the tyre pressure monitoring on my corsa, is it right for the car to toot the horn with press yes to conform the reset ?? Any ideas I don't think my car done this before when I resettled the monitoring

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
the toot of the horn is to confirm that the car is in a 'sync' mode and can now relearn the tyre pressures - Which can only be done by the garage or if you have your own TPMS tool.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Twice now the tyre pressure monitoring system has said it needs servicing on start up and re-learns all the pressures on my Corsa. Seems to be ok again once it has the required information it needs.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Limey...is the TPMS relearning tool only required after wheel rotation or a new tyre fitted? I haven't had to alter my tyre pressures yet but will need to soon for a long journey fully loaded.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
bobtheslark said:
Limey...is the TPMS relearning tool only required after wheel rotation or a new tyre fitted? I haven't had to alter my tyre pressures yet but will need to soon for a long journey fully loaded.
I believe it's for new wheels/tyres - don't think wheel rotation effects it due to where the sensors are - could be wrong though!

For your long journey that should only be a simple change in the settings, the manual should tell you though! You could ring your dealer to make sure too.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Mine never tooted horn and I've reset mine a few times while trying out different settings. I've changed mine by as much as 7psi and not had issues.

Only issue I had was running my pressures slightly lower than the load setting which caused a stupid warning on dash. Now I run my load setting as light but actual tyre pressures as eco I haven't had a warning go off in 5K miles :)

I don't need a stupid computer to tell me if I have a flat as I can feel that myself. I also check my tyres before setting off anyway, always have done.

·
Registered
961 Posts
mud4fun said:
Mine never tooted horn and I've reset mine a few times while trying out different settings. I've changed mine by as much as 7psi and not had issues.

Only issue I had was running my pressures slightly lower than the load setting which caused a stupid warning on dash. Now I run my load setting as light but actual tyre pressures as eco I haven't had a warning go off in 5K miles :)

I don't need a stupid computer to tell me if I have a flat as I can feel that myself. I also check my tyres before setting off anyway, always have done.
It is handy to tell you if you've picked up a nail or something and got a slow puncture which might not immediately be obvious that the tyre is going flat(or at least losing pressure slowly)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
mud4fun said:

You almost don't notice the toots, I didn't the first time. What are you classing as resetting?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Very true Hendry. I check mine regular and would know if I was driving on a semi flat tyre but it has become a legal requirement for new cars now in lots of countries so it's good for people who aren't so good at sensing a problem.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Limey, sorry I was talking about load setting changes. If you change the load setting without changing tyre pressures it can throw a warning depending on what load setting you pick and what your pressures are.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
mud4fun said:
Limey, sorry I was talking about load setting changes. If you change the load setting without changing tyre pressures it can throw a warning depending on what load setting you pick and what your pressures are.
Ooh, i didnt realise it errored on changing that setting - i guess it depends on what your pressures are to start with?

It only toots if you're doing the full reset

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Hehe, yes it seems to trigger warning when tyres are 3-4psi down on the load setting. So if your tyres are at 30psi and you change load setting to eco you get a warning within a few minutes. It doesn't warn for over pressure though as I changed load setting to light while tyres still at 37psi and no warning - bliss :)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
mud4fun said:
Hehe, yes it seems to trigger warning when tyres are 3-4psi down on the load setting. So if your tyres are at 30psi and you change load setting to eco you get a warning within a few minutes. It doesn't warn for over pressure though as I changed load setting to light while tyres still at 37psi and no warning - bliss :)
That's good to know. I'm thinking of increasing my fronts but have held off due to the TPMS. Mine currently run at 32-34 all round - they seemed to have evened out :lol: But i suspect my fronts could do with inflating to improve mpg

·
Registered
342 Posts
I recently set my tyres to 35 front and 34 rear but on the next cold start all four were reading differently wondering what the reason for this is

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
skyblue1969 said:
I recently set my tyres to 35 front and 34 rear but on the next cold start all four were reading differently wondering what the reason for this is
It is normal.

Cold tyres will show lower pressures than warm tyres so you'll often see the pressures rise on the TPMS display on the dash after a long drive, especially if you've been driving in a 'spirited' manner ;-)

Equally they can reduce rapidly as I found if you do a long hard drive on dry roads and then suddenly venture through deep standing water on a back road somewhere.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I believe it's for new wheels/tyres - don't think wheel rotation effects it due to where the sensors are - could be wrong though!
"Each TPMS sensor has a unique identification code. The identification code must be matched to a new wheel position after rotating the wheels or exchanging the complete wheel set and if one or more TPMS sensors were replaced. The TPMS sensor matching process should also be performed after replacing a spare wheel with a road wheel containing the TPMS sensor." (User manual)

More controversially
"We recommend not swapping the front wheels with the rear wheels and vice versa, as this can affect vehicle stability. Always use less worn tyres on the rear axle."

Guilty!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.